These Easy Oven Baked Eggs and Veggies are perfect for a family-friendly breakfast, tasty weekend brunch, or even a filling breakfast-for-dinner option. Hearty and filling, they’re great to serve on their own or with a side of crusty toast and fresh fruit!
Table of Contents
- Oven Baked Eggs: Your New Breakfast Obsession
- Are These Shirred Eggs?
- Is This Recipe Healthy?
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- Elevate Your Breakfast Game: Mastering the Art of Oven-Baked Eggs
- How Long Do You Bake Eggs in the Oven
- Flavor Variations
- Serving Suggestions for a Filling Breakfast Spread
- Can I Make Baked Eggs Ahead of Time?
- Can You Freeze Oven Baked Eggs?
- Common Questions About This Easy Oven Baked Eggs Recipe
- More Eggscellent Egg Recipes
- Easy Oven Baked Eggs Recipe Recipe
Oven Baked Eggs: Your New Breakfast Obsession
There are countless ways to prepare baked eggs. However, our version was inspired by our delicious Oven Baked Shakshuka recipe. It’s just as delicious and even easier to make!
These oven baked eggs are a go-to weekend recipe when we want to whip up an impressive brunch. Always crowd-pleasing, this baked eggs recipe is:
- Perfect for feeding a large group.
- A great source of protein, vitamins, nutrients, and fiber to keep you full.
- Super simple to make.
- Filling on its own and pairs well with a variety of sides for a breakfast spread.
- A great way to get your little ones and picky eaters to eat and enjoy their veggies.
Are These Shirred Eggs?
This recipe is similar to shirred eggs but not quite the same. You see, shirred eggs are a recipe that uses a French cooking technique that slow cooks fresh eggs in a cream, similar to a custard recipe.
It is crucial to use a ramekin to achieve the desired taste and texture. Meanwhile, these oven baked eggs are much simpler, combined and cooked in a casserole dish with just a few minutes of prep time and minimal cook time required!
Is This Recipe Healthy?
Yes, this is one of the healthiest breakfast recipes the whole family will love! Thanks to the cheese and eggs, it’s loaded with protein and packs a good dose of healthy fats.
Even better, it features a variety of veggies for a boost of vitamins, nutrients, and fiber. Topped off with spices that are great for reducing inflammation, it’s truly a breakfast you can feel good about eating.
Ingredients You’ll Need
You know those recipes you can whip up no matter what you have in the fridge or pantry? This is one of those!
As long as you have a base of eggs and feta, you can add anything else you like. We love this baked egg recipe as a great way to use up leftover veggies!
Here’s what we include:
- Eggs – The heart of this dish, eggs are cooked just until the whites are set for a gooey breakfast perfect for dipping with crusty bread or fresh pita.
- Veggies – Cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions combine to create a slightly sweet flavor and a bit of crunch.
- Feta – Salty, savory, and creamy, feta melts coating the rest of the ingredients with the most incredible tangy flavor.
- Oil – This helps caramelize the veggies and adds a boost of healthy fats!
- Herbs and Spices – Oregano and crushed red pepper create a simple yet tasty flavor for a super savory breakfast. However, feel free to use whatever you have on hand!
Elevate Your Breakfast Game: Mastering the Art of Oven-Baked Eggs
This is the easiest breakfast you’ll ever make! In fact, the only hard part is having enough patience waiting for it to bake.
Just follow the instructions below, and breakfast is served!
- Chop your veggies.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a greased baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven until soft and tender.
- Move the veggies around to form six little holes or nests. Crack one egg in each spot. Then, place the dish back in the oven until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
Made of stoneware that diffuses heat gently and retains heat exceptionally well. These ceramic dishes are safe for use up to 572°F without lid, freezer safe with lid.
How Long Do You Bake Eggs in the Oven
Of course, every oven bakes differently. However, we’ve found that six to eight minutes is all you need to create perfectly cooked oven baked eggs!
The red pepper already adds a nice kick to the taste buds, but if you want more spice in your easy oven baked eggs, we suggest smoked paprika! You can also add jalapeños or other diced peppers for more spice.
If you want something sweeter, try adding a drizzle of honey over the baked eggs after they come out of the oven. Call us crazy, but the sweetness with the sharpness of the feta and richness of the eggs will leave you drooling!
Serving Suggestions for a Filling Breakfast Spread
These baked eggs are filling enough to be served all on their own. However, if you want a show-stopping spread, try serving them with:
Can I Make Baked Eggs Ahead of Time?
We suggest serving this recipe right away. However, if you are making this ahead of time, save the eggs for last.
Prepare the veggies, and store them for up to one to two days covered in the refrigerator. Then, when you’re ready to eat, add the eggs on top, and throw the dish in the oven for the eggs to cook!
Can You Freeze Oven Baked Eggs?
We don’t recommend freezing your baked eggs, because they will become rubbery when thawed. Luckily, it’s quick and easy to make from scratch.
Common Questions About This Easy Oven Baked Eggs Recipe
Yes! Baking eggs in the oven is super convenient. Just throw them in for six to ten minutes, or until the yolk reaches your desired doneness.
We suggest baking at 350 degrees Fahrenheit to avoid overcooking the eggs.
You’ll know your eggs are done baking when a thermometer can be inserted into the center and reads 160 degrees Fahrenheit. Or, carefully insert a knife into the center, and ensure it comes out clean. If you prefer your eggs a little less done, watch until the whites are fully cooked and set instead.
More Eggscellent Egg Recipes
If you’re obsessed with egg-based breakfasts like we are, go ahead and try out some more of our favorite recipes below!
- Easy Eggs in Purgatory
- Easy Shakshuka with Feta
- Turkish Poached Eggs with Cottage Cheese
- Baked Scrambled Eggs
Easy Oven Baked Eggs Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 8 ounces feta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop the veggies.2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, 1 yellow bell pepper, 1 orange bell pepper, 1 cup onion
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the eggs in a baking dish.8 ounces feta, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Using the back of a spatula, gently press down the tomatoes and mix everything together until combined to create the "sauce."
- Form 6 nests in the baking dish, and crack one egg in each nest.6 large eggs
- Bake again for 6-8 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.