Perfect for a family-friendly breakfast, a tasty weekend brunch, or even a filling breakfast for dinner option, these Easy Oven Baked Eggs are loaded with fresh veggies and feta cheese for a hearty recipe the whole family will love. Serve it on its own or with a side of crusty toast!
Why We Love Baked Eggs
There are countless ways to prepare baked eggs. However, our version was Inspired by our infamous Oven Baked Shakshuka recipe. It’s just as delicious but even easier to make. As a result, these oven baked eggs are a go-to weekend recipe for us when we want to whip up an impressive brunch. Always crowd-pleasing this baked eggs recipe is:
- Perfect for feeding a large group
- A great source of protein, vitamins, nutrients, and fiber to keep you full
- So incredibly easy to make
- Filling enough to be the complete meal but also perfect to pair with your favorite sides
- Plus, it’s so tasty that your little ones won’t even realize they’re eating their veggies!
Is This Recipe Healthy?
Yes! Honestly, this is one of the healthiest breakfast recipes the whole family can agree on. Thanks to the cheese and eggs, it’s loaded with protein and packs a good dose of healthy fats. Even better, it features a variety of veggies for a boost of vitamins, nutrients, and fiber. Topped off with spices that are great for reducing inflammation, it’s truly a breakfast you can feel good about eating.
Ingredients You’ll Need
You know those recipes that can be whipped up no matter what you have on hand? Yeah, this is one of those! As long as you have eggs and feta, you can add in anything you’d like. It’s a great way to use up leftover veggies. Here’s what we include:
- Eggs – The heart of this dish, eggs are cooked just until the whites are set for a gooey breakfast perfect for dipping.
- Veggies – Cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and onions combine to create a slightly sweet flavor and a bit of crunch.
- Feta – Salty, savory, and creamy, feta melts coating the rest of the ingredients with the most incredible flavor.
- Oil – This helps caramelize the veggies and adds a boost of healthy fats!
- Herbs and Spices – Oregano and crushed red pepper create a simple yet tasty flavor for a super savory breakfast. However, feel free to use whatever you have on hand!
How to Make Veggie-Loaded Oven Baked Eggs
This is the easiest breakfast you’ll ever make! In fact, the only hard part is having enough patience to wait for it to bake. Just follow the instructions below, and breakfast is served!
- Chop your veggies.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a baking dish.
- Bake until soft and tender.
- Move the veggies around to form 6 little holes or nests. Crack one egg in each spot. Then, place the dish back in the oven until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
These baked eggs are filling enough to be served all on their own. However, if you want a showstopping spread, try serving them with:
Can I Make this Recipe Ahead of Time?
This recipe is best served right away. However, if you do want to make it ahead of time, we recommend leaving off the eggs. Otherwise, they’ll overcook. Just bake the veggies, and store them covered in the fridge for up to 1-2 days. Then, when you’re ready to eat, add the eggs on top, and pop the dish back into the oven to cook the eggs!
More Egg-Filled Breakfast Recipes
If you’re obsessed with egg-based breakfasts like we are, go ahead and try out some more of our favorite recipes!
- This Baked Shakshuka recipe is a simple twist on the classic dish!
- We took shakshuka and made it even better with the addition of warm spices and creamy feta in this Easy Shakshuka with Feta.
- The absolute easiest breakfast, these Baked Scrambled Eggs are fluffy, cheesy, and so quick to make.
- Creamy and comforting, these Turkish Eggs are going to knock your socks off!
Easy Oven Baked Eggs Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 yellow bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 orange bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 8 ounces feta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 large eggs
- Preheat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- Chop the veggies.
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the eggs in a baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until veggies are tender.
- Using the back of a spatula, gently press down the tomatoes and mix everything together until combined to create the "sauce."
- Form 6 nests in the baking dish, and crack one egg in each nest.
- Bake again for 6-8 minutes or until eggs are set.
- Serve warm.