Ooey, gooey, and decadent, this Slow Cooker Chocolate Smores Cake is made with a crumbly graham cracker crust, gooey marshmallows, and sweet chocolate chips for a comfort food dessert you’ll love!
Why We Love This Chocolate Smores Cake
With recipes like Slow Cooker Apple Cinnamon Rolls, Slow Cooker Candy, and Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Cake, it’s pretty obvious we love a good slow cooker dessert. However, we’re also suckers for a good smore. So, making this Slow Cooker Chocolate Smores Cake was a no-brainer! It’s:
- Made with just 6 simple ingredients.
- Bursting with chocolate flavor in every bite.
- Super easy to make.
- Perfect served warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
Ingredients You’ll Need
For this smores cake, we kept the ingredient list as short as we could. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chocolate Cake Mix + Baking Essentials – For the richest taste, we love this Ghiradelli mix!
- Graham Cracker Crumbs – You can find pre-made crumbs. Or, just add graham crackers to a bag or food processor, and crush them up yourself!
- Butter – This creates a golden brown crust with a super rich taste.
- Granulated Sugar – Make sure you use granulated sugar as other varieties won’t mix well.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips – If you prefer, you can swap the chocolate chips out for dark chocolate or even white chocolate varieties.
- Mini Marshmallows – We like mini marshmallows because they allow for even coverage on top. However, regular-sized or even jumbo versions can be used! If you do, we recommend breaking them into smaller pieces first.
How to Make a Slow Cooker Smores Cake
The easiest cake you’ll ever make, all you have to do is combine the ingredients in a slow cooker, and wait!
- Prepare the cake mix, and add 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar, and press them into the bottom of a buttered slow cooker.
- Spread the cake mix on top.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Sprinkle the remaining ingredients on top, and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Serve warm!
Optional Substitutions and Mix-Ins
We think this smores cake is perfect as it is, but feel free to experiment with substitutes and mix-ins to make it your own! Some of our favorite variations include:
- Using a different cake mix such as vanilla or red velvet
- Swapping out the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips or butterscotch instead
- Using shortbread cookies, Biscoff cookies, or even Oreos instead of graham crackers for the crust
- Stirring peanut butter into the cake batter
- Mixing caramel pieces into the cake layer
- Adding a scoop of cookie butter to the batter
How to Store Your Smores Cake
Our families devour this cake as soon as it’s made! However, leftovers can easily be stored for later.
Fridge: Place your smores cake in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Freezer: Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
More Smores Inspired Desserts
- A delightful throwback to our campfire days, these S’mores Roll Ups are ooey gooey and perfect to taste!
- These S’mores Cookies have all the flavors of s’mores you love with none of the sticky mess you don’t.
- A flaky, fluffy S’mores Pastry Braid is stuffed full of sweet chocolate and melted marshmallows for an out-of-this-world dessert.
- One-third cookie, one-third brownie, and one-third s’more, this Easy S’mores Brookie is guaranteed to knock your socks off!
Slow Cooker Chocolate Smores Cake
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix (prepared according to package instructions)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows (more or less to taste)
- Prepare chocolate cake according to package instructions. Add 1 cup chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
- Spray the slow cooker with non-cooking spread or butter the bottom and sides.
- In your slow cooker add graham cracker crumbs, butter, and sugar. Mix together and lightly press down.
- Spread your chocolate cake batter until it covers the graham cracker crumbs.
- Cook on high for 2 hours.
- Remove the lid and add marshmallows, and remaining chocolate chips.
- Cover and cook until marshmallows and chocolate are melted, about 30 minutes.
- Serve immediately.