Chinese takeout-inspired Easy Fried Rice, this recipe is loaded with veggies and just a hint of spice. One bite, and you’ll never order the restaurant version again! Serve it as a tasty side, or bulk it up with your favorite protein for a complete meal.
Why We Love This Easy Fried Rice
Chinese takeout is one of our guilty pleasures, and we do our best to recreate our favorite recipes like Kung Pao Chicken and Orange Chicken at home. So, it only made sense to recreate everyone’s favorite side dish, veggie fried rice, too! This recipe is:
- Ready in 12 minutes
- Full of nutrients thanks to the abundance of veggies
- Made with a hint of extra spice for the absolute best flavor
- Budget-friendly and perfect for
- Easy to bulk up for a complete meal
Ingredients You’ll Need for Simple Veggie Fried Rice
Of course, there are many different variations of easy fried rice recipes. However, for our version, we stuck with simple ingredients we had on hand. Here’s what we used:
- Rice – For the best results, we recommend using quick-cooking rice such as Minute rice.
- Broth – The use of chicken broth in place of water makes for a richer taste.
- Veggies – We used green peas, onions, carrots, and green onions, but feel free to use whatever you have on hand. You can’t go wrong!
- Flavor Additions – We incorporated minced garlic, soy sauce, and sriracha. However, if you aren’t a fan of spice, you can easily adjust or omit the ingredients.
- Sesame Oil – This helps create the fried texture and adds a slightly nutty flavor.
- Eggs – Crucial to easy fried rice recipes, egg adds a good source of protein and fat while also enhancing the richness of the dish.
- Butter – When used in conjunction with the oil and eggs, butter makes for the most indulgent veggie fried rice!
How to Make the Best Easy Fried Rice Recipe
One of the best things about this veggie fried rice is how easy it is to make! Seriously, you’ll never go back to the takeout version again when you follow the steps below.
- Add all of the ingredients except for the eggs, butter, and scallions to a large pot.
- Bring the ingredients to a boil. Then, reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let it simmer until all of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is fully cooked.
- Crack the eggs into a small hole in the rice mixture. Stir until fully cooked and incorporated with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the butter and green onions, stirring to combine.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
Can I Make Veggie Fried Rice with Leftover Rice?
If you prefer to use pre-cooked rice, we’ve got an incredible Wok Egg Fried Rice recipe here! For the best results, we recommend using cold, day-old rice.
If you want to make this veggie fried rice a complete meal, try adding in diced chicken, shrimp, or even tofu. Or, serve it as a side with your favorite main courses such as:
This Easy Fried Rice recipe is great to make ahead of time! If stored in an airtight container, it will stay fresh in the fridge for 5-7 days. Or, keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months!
The best way to reheat leftovers is in the microwave or on the stovetop. However, we don’t recommend reheating them more than once as they might become a bit too mushy.
More Satisfying Rice Recipes
Can’t get enough rice in your life? Try more of our favorite recipes!
- Inspired by baked stuffed peppers, this Stuffed Pepper Rice has all the flavor you love but is so much easier to prepare.
- A Middle Eastern staple, a combination of rice and pasta, this Vermicelli Rice is the best recipe for when you can’t decide between sides.
- Simple to make yet utterly delicious, this Coconut Turmeric Rice is surprisingly good for you and guaranteed to be a winner!
- Loaded with Greek flavors, this easy Greek Rice Bake is a simple staple that pairs perfectly with all your favorite meals.
Easy Fried Rice with Veggies
- 3 cups quick cooking rice (such as Minute Rice)
- 3 1/2 cups chicken broth (broth of choice)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1/2 cup frozen diced carrots
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons sriracha (more or less to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- green onions for garnish
- In a large heavy bottom pot add all the ingredients except for the eggs, butter, and green onions.
- Bring to a boil. Cover, and reduce heat to low. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is cooked.
- Make a small hole in the center of the pot. Add eggs. Gently stir until the eggs are cooked through. Add butter and green onions. Stir to combine. Serve immedietly!
Can you add chicken to this recipe 😊
Yes, absolutely! You can cook chicken separately and toss it in when you add the rice.
Can you use cauliflower rice?
Yes, it is amazing with cauliflower rice!
I made this with regular jasmine rice and cooked 2 extra mins. So good!!
Can I use Success Rice brand for this?
Yes, that will work!
Making this recipe again. So easy and perfect after a busy day!
We are so happy to hear!
Alia and Radwa
People that have to eat a gluten-free diet cant eat soy sauce or Whoesersauc even some soups !! I did not know that. The seasoning in packets is also off-limits as they usually have wheat additives.