Made with just a handful of simple ingredients, this Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Rice is a healthy recipe that comes together in no time. Serve it with your favorite vegetables for a complete meal that’s perfect for every occasion!
Why You’ll Love this Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Is there anything more classic than a meal with protein and rice? Whether it’s chicken and broccoli rice, wok fried rice, or stuffed pepper rice bake, the combination always makes for a recipe everyone will enjoy. So, we thought it was time to add lemon garlic shrimp to the mix with this baked shrimp and rice recipe! Honestly, there are so many reasons to love this dish, we lost count! For instance, it’s:
- Made with simple ingredients.
- Ready in 20 minutes.
- Super versatile and easy to make ahead of time.
If all that sounds good to you, keep reading to learn what you’ll need, how to make it, and more!
Ingredients You’ll Need
We did our best to keep this shrimp and rice dish as simple as possible while also including a lot of flavor. As a result, all you’ll need are a few basic ingredients, some herbs and spices, and a little, oil, and you’ll be on your way!
- extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon (Juice and Zest)
- Spices (Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes)
- White Rice
- Fresh Parsley
How to Make this Shrimp and Rice Recipe
This lemon garlic shrimp and rice is super easy to make. However, we’re giving you a brief overview below. Take a look to see how it comes together, but be sure to read the full instructions in the recipe card!
- Preheat the oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Prepare the rice.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the shrimp.
- Stir, garnish, and serve!
If your family doesn’t eat all of this recipe immediately like ours do, leftovers store well for later! Just place them in an airtight container, and keep them in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Or, store them in the freezer for up to 2 months!
How to Reheat
For the best results, we recommend reheating your shrimp and rice in the oven. This prevents the shrimp from becoming rubbery! To do so, let frozen leftovers thaw in the fridge overnight.
Then, preheat the oven to 300° Fahrenheit, and warm your shrimp and rice for about 15 minutes or until your desired temperature is reached. If you’re worried about it becoming too dry, add a bit of oil or butter to the dish before placing it in the oven!
Can I Use a Different Protein Source?
Yes! If you’d like to substitute the shrimp, we recommend using chicken instead. However, other fish like salmon or tilapia would work as well.
This shrimp and rice recipe is delicious all on its own. However, we like to pair it with a side dish or two for a well-rounded meal. Some of our favorites are listed below!
- Oven Roasted Whole Carrots with Tahini Dressing are a naturally sweet side that requires very little work to taste amazing!
- Light and refreshing this Egyptian Cucumber & Tomato Salad is the perfect side or appetizer for a warm day.
- Bursting with flavor and served over a creamy yogurt dip, Roasted Eggplant and Tomatoes are a healthy side that pairs perfectly with any meal.
- A simple recipe, this Greek Salad can be prepared in no time with ingredients you likely already have in the fridge.
More Shrimp Recipes
If you’re like us, you can never get enough shrimp! Try adding a few more of our favorite recipes to your weekly meal plan!
- Healthy Shrimp Scampi has all the scampi flavor you love with a fraction of the carbs thanks to the use of zucchini noodles instead of pasta!
- One Pot Pesto Pasta (with oven baked shrimp) is the perfect dinner option for a comforting meal that won’t leave you feeling full and heavy.
- Made with linguine pasta, fresh herbs, and plenty of Parmesan cheese, every bite of Creamy Linguine Shrimp Alfredo tastes like you’re taking a trip to a beach town on the coast of Italy.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Rice
- 1 pound large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 small shallot (chopped)
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 cups long grain or jasmine rice (cooked)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley (plus more for garnish)
- Cook the rice according to package instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a medium-sized baking dish combine the shrimp, shallot, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the shrimp are fully cooked and opaque.
- Add the cooked rice, and parsley to the baking dish with the shrimp. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with more parsley, a squeeze of lemon juice and serve!
What an amazing recipe! So easy and packed with flavor, my family loved it. It’s definitely a make again kind of meal. Thank you so much for this recipe!
Yay! Glad you and your family loved it!
This was such a good new way to make shrimp! It was different, delicious, easy and simple. Cleaning was even easier
Right? Easy clean up makes it that much better! xo, Alia & Radwa
Made this last night. I didn’t have fresh garlic. Was still very good. Thank you for this recipe.
We are so glad to hear!
Xo- Alia & Radwa