This easy one pan
Table of Contents
What Is One Pan
Ready in just 35 minutes, it’s the easiest weeknight meal that can be spruced up and adjusted to fit all your needs. Even better, it’s so tasty your kids won’t even realize they’re eating their veggies!
Ingredients You’ll Need
For this one pan
- Vegetables – Cherry tomatoes, sliced onions, and garlic create a sweet, caramelized base for the sauce.
- Tomato paste – Used to help coat the noodles for a bolder flavor.
- Oil – We prefer to use a high-quality olive oil to add a good source of healthy fats and help caramelize the veggies. If you have it on hand, avocado oil would work, too.
- Herbs and spices – Salt, pepper, oregano, Italian seasoning, and basil create the classic herbaceous
spaghettiflavor we all know and love.
- Pasta – Use whatever
spaghettinoodles you like best. Or, you could even use a different noodle, if you prefer! Whatever you have on hand would taste great.
- Cheese – Everything tastes better with a little cheese! Sprinkle Parmesan on top for the finishing touch.
We love the simplicity of this dish for a light meal. However, you can easily make it even more nutritious with extra ingredients like mushrooms, olives, or even zucchini. Or, bulk it up for a filling dinner with your favorite protein such as ground beef, ground turkey, or chicken.
How to Make Easy One Pan
Creating a whole pasta dish from scratch without the help of trusty Ragu might sound intimidating, but in reality, it’s super simple to do!
- Prepare the veggies: Arrange the tomatoes and onions on a large baking sheet, and sprinkle the herbs and spices on top. Drizzle olive oil over the ingredients, and toss to combine, making sure the veggies are well coated.
- Roast: Bake in the oven until the tomatoes have burst and the garlic is fork-tender. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and gently press the garlic cloves with a fork to release their juices.
- Combine the ingredients: In a large serving bowl, add all of the ingredients, and toss to combine, coating the
spaghettinoodles with the tomato paste and tomato juices.
- Garnish: Divide the pasta into bowls, garnish with Parmesan cheese, and serve warm!
You could easily serve this one pan
This recipe stores super well in the fridge or freezer and is seriously a lifesaver during busy weeks! Just follow the storage tips below to make sure it stays fresh:
Refrigerator: Cover leftovers with foil, or transfer them to an airtight container, and store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freezer: Once your
To Reheat: Let your
Who can ever turn down a good
SpaghettiPizza Bake – Part pizza, part spaghetti, this recipe is the ultimate comfort food dish!
- Spaghetti Bread Bowls – There’s nothing more comforting than a warm bread bowl after a long day, especially when it’s stuffed with cheesy
SpaghettiBolognese – Loaded with beef, veggies, and cheese, dinner doesn’t get better than this!
- One Pot
SpaghettiCarbonara Recipe – Rich and creamy, this one pot recipe is loaded with bacon and peas and ready in less than 30 minutes.
Easy One Pan Spaghetti
- 32 ounce cherry tomatoes
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 6 peeled garlic cloves
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup good quality olive oil
- 16 ounces spaghetti cooked according to package instructions
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- Optional: Parmesan cheese shavings for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. On a large baking sheet, add tomatoes, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, basil, and oregano. Drizzle olive oil on top, and toss to coat.32 ounce cherry tomatoes, 1 large onion, sliced, 6 peeled garlic cloves, Salt to taste, Black pepper to taste, 1 Tablespoon dried Italian seasoning, 1 cup fresh basil, 1/2 cup good quality olive oil, 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until tomatoes have burst and garlic is tender. Gently press down garlic cloves with a fork to release their flavor.
- Add cooked spaghetti and tomato paste to the baking sheet, and toss to combine.16 ounces spaghetti, 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- Sprinkle Parmesan on top, if desired, and serve warm.Optional: Parmesan cheese shavings for garnish
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.