- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk at room temperature
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat the vanilla, and eggs until light and creamy. Mix dry ingredients until stir just until blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. Scoop 1/4 cup dough and place on greased cookie sheets. Make sure to leave space between cookies to leave room for spreading. Bake for 14 to 16 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly browned. Let set for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- For Oreo Cookie Chocolate Cookie- Take 1 cup cookie dough and shape into a ball. Push in large Oreos and cut up Oreo chunks (or whatever kind of cookie you like) . Refrigerate for 30 minutes. Bake for 20 minutes or until edges are browned. Let cool on the cookie sheet. Transfer to a cooling rack.