This spicy rigatoni recipe is an easy bake version. It is meatless with options to add a protein.
The hardest part of this recipe is boiling the pasta. Everything else is thrown in a baking dish, that’s it! That is exactly why people love this recipe. Definitely great for a quick pasta recipe for a busy weeknight.
If you want a good easy stove top spicy rigatoni, try this recipe here.
We made it with cute little pasta shells, and it is delicious! Both recipes are winners!
Baked Spicy Rigatoni
- 16 oz good quality marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper more or less to taste
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 16 oz rigatoni
- Cook the pasta to al-dente and drain *Be sure not to cook too long because it will continue to cook in the oven!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large baking dish add cooked and drained pasta, marinara sauce, heavy cream, peas, olive oil, salt, crushed red pepper, garlic, and parmesan cheese.
- Give everything a good stir until pasta is completely coated in the sauce.
- Bake in the oven for 20-22 minutes! Garnish with extra parmesan cheese.
Everyone loves a good pasta recipe, this pasta is easy and delicious! Rigatoni pasta is great for this recipe, but a rotini or any similar shape will work just as well.
If you are not a fan of green peas, broccoli is a good option, or any of other vegetable.