Why You’ll Love This
Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe
Is there anything better than a fresh batch of potato wedges or fries? A classic American side, there’s nothing they can’t be served with! However, as tasty as they are, fast food potato wedges aren’t exactly on the healthy side. Plus, they can be a bit pricey! Luckily, they’re super easy to make at home, especially with this
- Made with just 7 ingredients.
- Ready to eat in less than 30 minutes.
- Full of healthy fats, nutrients, and fiber.
- Loaded with bold, Middle Eastern flavor.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Potatoes – You can’t have a potato wedges recipe without potatoes! We use gold potatoes for a buttery flavor and tender texture.
- Za’atar Seasoning – This is a popular Middle Eastern spice blend full of savory, herbaceous flavor.
- Olive Oil – This helps the seasonings cling to the potatoes while adding healthy fats and creating a crisp texture.
- Spices – Paprika, oregano, salt, and black pepper take the flavor to the next level!
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning
- Ranch Seasoning
- Italian Seasoning
- Just Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
How to Make
Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Prepare the Potatoes. Wash the potatoes thoroughly, removing any debris. Then, slice them into wedges, and score them carefully. Make sure not to slice all the way through!
- Boil. Bring 6 cups of water to a boil, and add a pinch of salt and potatoes. Turn off the heat, and let the potatoes soak before draining the water and drying them off.
- Season. In a large bowl, add the potatoes, and drizzle the olive oil on top. Sprinkle the seasonings over the potatoes, and toss to make sure they are completely coated.
- Air Fry. Add the potato wedges to a preheated air fryer, and cook until tender.
How to Slice Potatoes Into Wedges
If you’re not sure how to cut potatoes into wedges, don’t worry! It’s really easy. Here’s how:
- Slice your potatoes in half lengthwise.
- Place the potato on a cutting board, sliced side down. Slice it in half again, lengthwise. Repeat with the other half.
- Flip the potatoes over (face side up), and cut down the center of each quarter to create wedges.
- Repeat until all your potatoes have been cut.
Although they’re pretty much guaranteed to disappear immediately, these potato wedges can be stored and reheated to enjoy throughout the week! Follow the tips below to keep them fresh.
Refrigerator: Once fully cooled, leftover
Freezer: Transfer your potato wedges to a sealable bag, and keep them frozen for up to 3 months.
To Reheat: When you’re ready to eat, warm your potato wedges thawed or frozen in the
Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe Common Questions
You don’t have to, but soaking your potatoes in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes before air frying yields an extra crispy texture!
We like to score the potatoes to create crispy ridges, but it isn’t necessary for the potatoes to cook.
Any potatoes can be used to make this
Air Fryer Recipes
Air FryerPotato Nuggets
- Air Fryer Cheesy Garlic Toast
Air FryerChicken Taquitos
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Parmesan Potatoes
Za’atar Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- 4 gold potatoes (sliced into wedges)
- 1 Tablespoon za’atar seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons + 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 380° Fahrenheit.
- Wash the potatoes. Cut each potato in half, lengthwise. Cut each half in half, lengthwise. Slice each piece in half one more time to form wedges. Using a sharp knife, carefully score the potatoes. Do not slice all the way through!
- In a large pot over high heat, bring 6 cups of water to a boil. Add 2 teaspoons of salt and potatoes. Turn off the heat, and let the potatoes sit for 5 minutes. Drain the potatoes, and dry them off really well.
- Place the potatoes in a large bowl, and drizzle the olive oil on top. Toss to coat. Sprinkle the seasonings on top of the potatoes, and toss again to coat.
- Arrange the potato wedges in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry for 18-20 minutes, shaking halfway through.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.