A lightened-up version of everyone’s comfort food, these Low Carb Baked
Why You’ll Love this Low Carb Baked
Whether you follow a low carb diet or are just looking for easy ways to add more vegetables into your life, this baked
- All of the ingredients are combined in one dish for easy prep and speedy cleanup.
- It’s great for weeknight dinners,
meal prep, and more.
- You can mix and match your favorite sauces, proteins, and add-ins to make this dish your own.
- The easiest way to eat your veggies, this baked
spaghettiis not only delicious but so good for you, too!
What Are Zoodles?
If you haven’t jumped on the zoodles bandwagon yet, now is the time! Given a fun name, zoodles are just zucchini that have been sliced or spiralized to resemble the shape of
A great low carb option, zoodles are bursting with nutrition and health benefits! For instance, they’re a rich source of many vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, vitamin A, manganese, folate, copper, and magnesium. However, they’re also low in calories and high in fiber to keep you fuller for longer. As a result, they can help improve digestion, reduce blood sugar levels, improve heart health, and more! (Source)
Ingredients You’ll Need
You’re not going to believe how few ingredients you need for this recipe!
- Zucchini – We use whole zucchini to create zoodles ourselves. However, you can also find them already sliced in the frozen or refrigerated section of most grocery stores! Pasta Sauce – We opt for a pre-made marinara sauce, but feel free to use a homemade version or whatever you like best.
- Ground Beef – This bulks up the dish, making it extra filling. Due to the low carb content, we usually use a slightly higher fat beef, but whatever you have on hand works. You could also swap it out with ground turkey, chicken, or even sausage if you prefer.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – This adds heart-healthy fats and tons of flavor!
- Herbs and Spices – To add more flavor to the pre-made sauce and take this recipe from good to great we include a handful of herbs and spices including minced garlic, Italian parsley, fresh basil, rosemary, thyme, Herbs de Provence, and crushed red pepper.
How to Make Baked
Spaghetti with Zoodles
How to Make Zoodles
As mentioned, you can absolutely buy pre-made zoodles to save some time. However, making them yourself is more budget-friendly and honestly a lot of fun! We both use a Paderno World Cuisine Spiralizer and think it’s a great tool to have in your kitchen. However, a julienne peeler works just as well. You’ll just end up with strips instead of spirals.
Whichever tool you choose, you’ll want to chop both ends off your zucchini. Then, twist or slice your veggies, creating long spirals or thin strips that resemble pasta.
Putting It All Together
Once your zucchini has been transformed into noodles, this recipe comes together in minutes!
- Preheat your oven to 400° Fahrenheit.
- Brown your meat in a skillet, adding your favorite seasonings as it cooks.
- Add the ingredients to a baking dish, stirring to combine.
- Bake, and garnish with fresh Parmesan and basil.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
Do I Need to Cover My
Spaghetti Bake While Cooking?
No, covering the pan with foil can lock in steam causing the zoodles to overcook and become mushy. It also prevents the cheese from becoming slightly crispy on top (which is our favorite part!).
One of our favorite ways to save time is to prepare everything for this baked
Because it’s made with vegetables, this recipe makes for a complete meal that’s super light yet filling all on its own. However, it can also be paired with quick side dishes and desserts such as:
Looking for more
- Similar to this low carb
spaghettirecipe, oven baked spaghettiis made with real pasta for a viral recipe that’s here to stay.
- Quick and easy to make, this One Pot Greek
Spaghettiis one of our favorite weeknight dinners!
- The best of both worlds, this Spaghetti Pizza Bake combines two of everyone’s favorite comfort foods into one incredible dish.
- This One Pot
SpaghettiCarbonara is reach, creamy, and indulgent. You’re never going to believe how easy it is to make!
Low Carb Baked Spaghetti Zoodles
- 6-7 medium zucchini (spiraled)
- 16 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 cup cooked ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- crushed red pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a skillet, cook the beef with seasonings over medium-high heat until no longer pink.
- In a 13x9 baking dish add all the ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and basil. Serve immediately!