This low carb spaghetti is one of our favorite weeknight dinners. It’s easy, healthy, and flavorful!
Traditional spaghetti is made with pasta, for this recipe we use zucchini noodles. If you haven’t tried making zucchini noodles, we highly recommend giving them a try.
What you need to make zucchini noodles
There are several tools that will create zucchini noodles. We both use the Paderno World Cuisine Spiralizer. We both use this and think it’s a great tool to have in your kitchen and it’s fairly inexpensive.
If you want something smaller and more compact, you can get a julienne peeler. It will create zucchini strips vs. spirals.
How to make spaghetti zoodles
- Cook 8 oz. lean ground beef or ground turkey. We like to season ground beef with fresh garlic, dried Italian herbs. salt and pepper.
- Spiralize the zucchini.
- In a 13×9 baking dish add the zoodles, cooked ground beef, marinara sauce, olive oil, garlic, herbs, salt and pepper. Stir until everything is combined and coated well with the sauce.
- Bake uncovered at 400 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes. Garnish with fresh parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Health benefits of zucchini
Zucchini is low in carbs and calories and high in water and vitamins. It’s a great source of vitamin C, manganese and fiber. It also contains vitamin A, magnesium, folate, copper, potassium, and phosphorous.
Spaghetti Zoodles Bake
- 6-7 medium zuchinni spiraled
- 16 oz pasta sauce
- 1 cup cooked ground beef
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves minced garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh italian parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp herbs de provence
- crushed red pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a 13x9 baking dish add all your ingredients. Stir until everything is combined and coated well with the sauce.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Garnish with some freshly grated parmesan cheese. Serve immediately!