No-Bake Peanut Butter Lasagna is made with layers of Nutter Butter cookies, chocolate, fluffy whipped filling, and peanut butter cups for a decadent dessert that couldn’t be easier to make. Perfect for holiday parties, potlucks, and more, it’s a crowd-pleasing dessert everyone will love!
What Is Peanut Butter Lasagna?
Very different from typical lasagna made with pasta and meat sauce, peanut butter lasagna is a sweet, decadent, no-bake dessert. It gets its name from the process of layering ingredients which is similar to how traditional lasagna is made. However, it requires no baking and comes in many different flavors and variations depending on who is making it. No matter what, it features layers of cookies, chocolate, fluffy pudding or cool whip layers, and plenty of peanut butter for a drool-worthy dessert!
Why You’ll Love It
Who doesn’t love a good no-bake recipe?! They’re quick, easy, and always delicious. We have lots of options like no-bake Oreo pie and no-bake monster cookie bars. However, this peanut butter lasagna is by far one of our faves! Here’s why:
- The only “cooking” required is microwaving the chocolate.
- It’s loaded with chocolate and peanut butter goodness.
- It requires minimal prep work or cleanup.
- You can easily make it ahead of time for every occasion.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Everyone has their own way to make peanut butter lasagna. For our version, we tend to lean toward a stronger peanut butter flavor for a sweet, salty flavor combo. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cream Cheese – Use a block of plain cream cheese to create a thick texture for the filling.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – We buy canned varieties from the store, but you can also make your own with a recipe like this.
- Vanilla Pudding Mix – Make sure it is instant!
- Milk – Make sure it is cold!
- Vanilla Extract – Used to enhance the flavor of the rest of the ingredients.
- Nutter Butter Cookies – These form the base layer of the peanut butter lasagna, and help give the dessert a bit of structure.
- Frozen Whipped Topping – Like cool whip.
- Mini Peanut Butter Cups – If you can’t find mini peanut butter cups, you can easily just use regular-sized ones and chop them up!
- Peanut Butter – Smooth peanut butter works best.
- Dark Chocolate Chips – We love the bold flavor of dark chocolate, but semi-sweet chocolate chips could be used as well.
As mentioned, there are endless ways to make peanut butter lasagna. For instance, some of our favorite variations include:
- Using Oreos or chocolate graham crackers instead of Nutter Butters.
- Swapping out the vanilla pudding for chocolate pudding mix.
- Crushing the cookies in a food processor to create a pie-like layer.
- Drizzling peanut butter on top.
- Sprinkle Reese’s Pieces into the layers.
How to Make No-Bake Peanut Butter Lasagna
All it takes to make this recipe is a little patience and some layering. The hard part is just waiting for it to chill!
- Create the Fluffy Layer. Beat the cream cheese in a large bowl until it is fluffy. Then, add in the condensed milk, pudding mix, milk, and vanilla, and beat again until smooth. Fold in ½ of the whipped topping, and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Melt. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and chocolate chips in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between.
- Layer the Peanut Butter Lasagna. Line the bottom of a baking dish with the cookies. Smooth ⅓ of the pudding mixture on top followed by peanut butter cups. Pour ⅓ of the melted chocolate mixture on top, and spread it out in an even layer. Repeat this step until all of the ingredients have been used.
- Garnish. Top off your peanut butter lasagna with extra peanut butter cups and a drizzle of chocolate.
- Chill. Cover it with foil, and store it in the fridge overnight. The longer it’s in the fridge, the better it will taste!
The easiest way to serve peanut butter lasagna is straight from the baking dish with a large serving spoon. However, if you want to get fancy or simply portion it out for a party, it also works well when scooped onto a small plate or placed in a small trifle bowl.
How to Store
Great to make ahead of time, peanut butter lasagna tastes even better when it is chilled in the fridge for 48 hours! It will stay fresh when covered with foil for up to 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
More Chocolate Peanut Butter Desserts
There’s nothing better than the combination of chocolate and peanut butter! If you can’t get enough, don’t miss out on more ways to enjoy the combination with our favorite desserts.
- Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
- Peanut Butter Brookie Skillet
- Oreo Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter S’mores Sliders
No-Bake Peanut Butter Lasagna
- 8 ounces plain cream cheese
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 5 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups milk (cold)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2-2 packages Nutter Butter Cookies (Family Size)
- 16 ounces frozen whipped topping (thawed)
- 1 1/2 cups mini or regular peanut butter cups (chopped)
- 16 ounces peanut butter
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add the condensed milk, pudding mix, milk, and vanilla. Beat again until smooth. Fold in ½ the whipped topping. Set the mixture aside for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the peanut butter and chocolate chips. Microwave on high in 30-second increments, stirring in between until melted. Set aside to melt.
- Line the bottom of a 13×9 inch baking dish with the cookies.
- Top the cookies with ⅓ of the pudding mix. Sprinkle with 1 cup peanut butter cups on top.
- Pour ⅓ of the chocolate mixture over the peanut butter cups, spreading it out evenly.
- Repeat, layering the ingredients until they have all been used, ending with the whipped topping. Add remaining peanut butter cups and a drizzle of chocolate on top.
- Cover, and chill overnight. Note – The longer the peanut butter lasagna sits, the better! After 24 hours, the cookies soften nicely, making it easy to serve.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.