This Peanut Butter Cookie Pie is made with 5 layers to satisfy even the strongest sweet tooth. We start with peanut butter cookie dough and add extra peanut butter and peanut butter cookies. Then, we top it with double chocolate chip cookie dough and balls of chocolate chip cookie dough for an indulgent dessert that’s unbelievably rich in flavor and so easy to make!
Table of Contents
In our home, comfort food takes the form of desserts. From cookies to cheesecake bars, baklava, and more how are we ever supposed to choose just one? While we love them all, we’re particularly fond of peanut butter and chocolate flavors.
So, we created the ultimate peanut butter lover’s dessert with this easy Peanut Butter Cookie Pie! Made with not one but 5 layers of decadent goodness, it’s absolutely loaded with flavor. Even better, it’s formed in the shape of a pie, making it easy to prepare and great for feeding a crowd. You really can’t go wrong!
Why You’ll Love This Homemade Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
- Unlike other cookie pie recipes, it has 5 layers to satisfy all your cravings.
- It’s easy to layer and bakes in under an hour.
- One batch makes enough to feed a large crowd.
- You can easily make it ahead of time and enjoy it for days.
What’s In It?
We kept this Peanut Butter Cookie Pie super easy with just a few simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cookie Dough – You’ll need three different kinds of cookie dough to form the layers of this Peanut Butter Cookie Pie including peanut butter cookie dough, double chocolate cookie dough, and chocolate chip cookie dough. To save time, we like to use pre-made options from our local grocery store. However, if you have homemade options on hand or want to make them from scratch you definitely can!
- Peanut Butter – We’ve found that creamy peanut butter works the best as it spreads evenly over the dough, but crunchy varieties can be used.
- Peanut Butter Cookies – We use mini Nutter Butter cookies, but any similar crunchy peanut butter cookie will do.
How to Make the Best Peanut Butter Cookie Pie Recipe
Once you’ve got the separate components gathered, this cookie pie comes together in minutes!
- Prepare. Preheat your oven, and grease a round pie pan or baking dish.
- Create the “Crust”. Add the peanut butter cookie dough to the bottom of the prepared baking dish, spreading it out evenly and allowing it to come up the sides.
- Layer. Smooth the peanut butter over the cookie dough, and arrange the peanut butter cookies on top. Next, spread the double chocolate cookie dough out evenly. Top it with balls of chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Bake. Place the baking dish in the oven until the top of the Peanut Butter Cookie Pie is golden brown.
- Serve. Set the pie aside to cool completely. Then, slice, and serve!
*Note: If you really can’t wait to take a bite, your pie can be served warm and is super delicious. It’s just more likely to crumble and fall apart!
- Swap Out the Peanut Butter. Replace the peanut butter layer with any other nut or seed butter you like best! For instance, almond butter, cashew butter, or tahini all taste great. You can also use chunky peanut butter, too. You’ll likely just need a little more to be able to completely cover the cookie dough.
- Use Different Cookie Dough. Mix and match all your favorite cookie dough recipes for one or all of the layers so you never get bored!
- Add Candy. Incorporate pieces of your favorite candy for added texture and flavor. Some of our favorite options include M&M’s, Reese’s cups, Twix bars, Kit Kats, and Reese’s Pieces.
- Use a Topping. Draw inspiration from cookie pizzas and add a topping like icing, whipped cream, or a drizzle of chocolate syrup or peanut butter.
As mentioned, we recommend serving this Peanut Butter Cookie Pie cool or at room temperature. Then, we love to add a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream! Or, it’s great when paired with a tall glass of cold milk.
How to Store
Wrap any leftovers tightly with plastic wrap. Or, transfer them to an airtight container, and keep them stored at room temperature for up to 1 week.
For a longer-lasting option, transfer your Peanut Butter Cookie Pie to the freezer for up to 6 months. To eat, let your pie thaw in the fridge overnight. Or, set it out at room temperature for 2-3 hours before serving, and enjoy!
More Easy Dessert Pie Recipes
Looking for more unique pie-inspired dessert recipes? Try out the great options below!
- The Best No-Bake Oreo Pie
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Banoffee Cream Pie
- Billy Miner Ice Cream Pie
Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
- 16 ounces peanut butter cookie dough
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces peanut butter cookies
- 16 ounces double chocolate cookie dough
- 6 ounces chocolate chip cookie dough
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease a 9-inch round baking dish. Set aside.
- In the bottom of the prepared baking dish, spread the peanut butter cookie dough in a single layer, spreading it up the sides of the dish.
- Spread the peanut on top, and arrange the cookies over it.
- Add the double chocolate cookie dough, spreading it out evenly over the dish.
- Divide the chocolate chip cookie dough into 1-inch balls, rolling them between two palms. Arrange them evenly on top of the double chocolate cookie dough.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until the chocolate chip cookie dough is golden brown.
- Cool completely, and enjoy!
- Store at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.