Green Mac and Cheese
Add your greens into your mac and cheese! The best part is kids can't tell that it is loaded with spinach!
- 4 cups fresh spinach (packed)
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 2 cloves garlic (optional)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (if you don't like the flavor of olive oil, use light olive oil!)
- 2 3/4 cups whole milk (divided)
- 1 lb cooked macaroni pasta
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup monterrey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese
- In a the bowl of your food processor, add spinach, olive oil, parsley, garlic cloves, and 3/4 cup milk. Process until smooth.
- In a large pot, add butter and flour on medium-high heat, cook for about 1-2 minutes or unti l mixture is a golden color.
- Add *WARM milk, and seasonings. Stir until it starts to thicken. Turn heat to low and add cheeses.
- Add your "green" sauce and mix until it comes together. Add your cooked pasta.
*heat 2 cups of milk until warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!