These Fried Feta Rolls with Hot Honey are made with 3 ingredients for a simple, crowd-pleasing appetizer that’s full of flavor. Creamy feta combines with crispy wonton wrappers for a combination of textures and flavors that will knock your socks off. Dip them in hot honey for a sweet and spicy kick, and your guests will be raving for days!
Why You’ll Love These Fried Feta Rolls
These fried feta rolls are guaranteed to be your new go-to appetizer or snack! They’re:
- Made with just 3 ingredients.
- Ready in minutes.
- Perfect for feeding a crowd with 25 servings per batch.
- Perfect for game day, after-school snacks, holiday parties, and more!
3 Simple Ingredients
With just 3 budget-friendly ingredients, recipes don’t get any easier than these fried feta rolls. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Feta Cheese – You’ll want to use block feta so that it holds together and fills the wontons easily. For the best flavor, we recommend using a full-fat variety.
- Wonton Wrappers – These are located in the refrigerated section of most grocery stores.
- Vegetable Oil – Vegetable oil works best as it has a high smoke point and a neutral flavor.
How to Make Fired Feta Rolls
These fried feta rolls are easy to make and a fun way to get the kids involved in the kitchen. Here’s how they’re made:
- Slice the Cheese. Use a sharp knife to slice the feta into pieces that are 1 inch by ½ inch in size.
- Stuff the Wonton Wrappers. Place a block of feta in the center of each wrapper. Dip the tip of your finger in water, and wet the edges of the wonton. Fold them over the cheese, wrapping them tightly.
- Fry. Heat the oil in a fryer or large pot, and carefully submerge each feta roll. Cook them until they are golden and crisp, and remove them with a slotted spoon. Set the fried feta on a paper towel to absorb excess moisture, and repeat until all of the rolls have been fried.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
We do not recommend storing the cooked feta rolls as they will become soggy. However, if you want to prepare in advance, you can wrap the feta, and store the rolls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days or in the freezer with wax paper between each piece for up to 2 months.
When you’re ready to cook, you can fry them thawed or frozen, adjusting the cooking time as needed until they’re golden brown and crisp.
Keep food fresh, storage your food individually, make your life much more convenient and enjoy home-cooked meal anytime and anywhere.
What to Serve with Fried Feta Rolls
We love to serve this recipe with a side of hot honey for dipping! However, they also make for a great addition to a full spread alongside recipes like:
Air FryerPotato Wedges
- Air Fryer Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Air Fryer Sesame Crusted Feta
More Crowd-Pleasing Appetizers
Looking for more easy appetizers? Try out some of these great recipes!
- Honey Garlic Whole Baked Cauliflower
- Burrata with Roasted Tomatoes and Za’atar Pita
- Cheesy Garlic Knots
- Air Fryer Cheesy Garlic Toast
Fried Feta Rolls Recipe
- 1 10-ounce feta cheese block
- 1 6-ounce package wonton wrappers, approximately 25 small
- Water for dipping
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Optional: hot honey for serving
- Heat oil to 350° F in a fryer or large pot.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the feta cheese into cubes that are 1 inch by 1 inch in size.
- Place a block of feta in the center of each wonton wrapper. Dip a finger into the water, and use it to wet the edges of the wrappers. Fold them over themselves, wrapping the feta tightly.
- Carefully, dip each feta roll into the hot oil. Fry for 1-2 minutes or until it is golden brown and crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove the feta rolls from the fryer, and set them on a clean paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Repeat until all of the feta rolls have been fried.
- Serve warm with hot honey, if desired.
Is it possible to make these in an air fryer instead? Thoughts? They sound amazing!!
Yes, you definitely can! Apply olive oil spray to the basket of the air fryer. Place the wontons in the basket and spray them lightly with olive oil. Set the temperature to 370 degrees F and cook for 8 minutes. Check the wontons to see if they are golden, and if necessary, cook for an extra 2 minutes.