These Chocolate Strawberry Yogurt Clusters are guaranteed to become your new favorite treat! Made with just 6 simple ingredients, they’re the perfect healthy recipe for breakfasts, snacks, or desserts. Make a big batch to keep on hand for the whole family to enjoy throughout the week.
Hot, summer days are right around the corner! We’ll never say no to a sweet, refreshing treat like Homemade Cotton Candy Ice Cream or Copycat Tonight Dough when the weather gets warm. However, we like to have healthier options on hand, too.
That’s when these Chocolate Strawberry Yogurt Clusters come in to save the day! Made with fresh summer berries, they’re sweet, refreshing, and better for you than the average frozen recipe. Even better, they’re quick to make and super customizable! With no baking required, they’ll become your new go-to recipe.
Why You’ll Love These Yogurt Clusters
- 6 budget-friendly ingredients are all you need.
- These clusters come together in minutes without the need to turn on the oven.
- They’re customizable to fit your dietary need and flavor preferences.
- Loaded with chocolate in every bite, they’re guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth while also providing vitamins, nutrients, and protein to keep you full.
- You can make a big batch to keep on hand for weeks!
What Are Homemade Yogurt Clusters Made Of?
Everyone has their own variation of homemade yogurt clusters. For our recipe, we used just a handful of pantry staples for a sweet flavor. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Strawberries – Use fresh strawberries, and dice them into small pieces.
- Yogurt – We use plain Greek yogurt to form the base of these yogurt clusters. It adds a boost of protein and a slightly tangy taste that pairs well with the sweet flavors of the rest of the ingredients.
- Honey – Used to sweeten the yogurt. Use maple syrup, if preferred.
- Chocolate Chips – Semi-sweet chocolate chips are melted down to form the rich, chocolate coating.
- Coconut Oil – This helps thin out the chocolate, making it spreadable.
- Sea Salt – Technically optional, we love the sweet and salty combo a sprinkle of salt creates.
How to Make No-Bake Yogurt Clusters
This recipe is one of the easiest you’ll ever make!
- Create the Yogurt Center. Add the strawberries, yogurt, and honey to a medium bowl. Gently stir to combine.
- Freeze. Add two tablespoon-sized dollops of the yogurt mixture to a
parchment paper-lined baking sheet, spacing them out evenly. Freeze until solid.
- Prepare the Chocolate Coating. In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between until the chocolate is melted.
- Coat. Dunk the frozen yogurt discs in the warm chocolate mixture, coating both sides.
- Set. Place the yogurt clusters back on the baking sheet, and add a sprinkle of sea salt. Then, place them back in the freezer until they’re solid, and enjoy!
Baking should be a smooth process; now, it could really be one. These pre-cut, no-curl parchment paper sheets are there to support your cookies, cakes, breads etc in their baking process. They can withstand up to 450° of heat without curling! Natural, unbleached baking paper for ovens- these sheets are nature’s best.
Substitutions and Variations
While we stuck with a chocolate strawberry theme for this recipe, there’s really no right or wrong way to make frozen yogurt clusters. So, feel free to get creative! To get you started, some of our favorite substitutions and variations include:
- Swapping Out the Yogurt – Any yogurt will work with this yogurt clusters recipe. Experiment with different flavor options to switch it up. Just adjust the amount of honey used to suit your preferences.
- Using Different Fruit – Add to or replace the strawberries with any other fresh fruit. For instance, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, grapes, kiwi, bananas, and oranges all taste great.
- Including Different Chocolate – If needed, opt for dairy-free chocolate chips. You can also swap out the semi-sweet chocolate with white or dark chocolate varieties instead. Or, add an extra drizzle on top.
- Adding Nut Butter – Add extra depth to the yogurt mixture by stirring in your favorite nut or seed butter like creamy peanut butter, almond butter, or cashew butter. For a nut-free option, tahini would work well, too.
- Using Mix-Ins – If you love a little crunch, try incorporating chopped nuts, granola, chocolate chips, or shredded coconut flakes into the yogurt mixture.
How to Store
Trust us, you’re going to want to make a big batch of these no-bake yogurt clusters. They disappear fast! Luckily, they store well.
For an ice cream-like texture, transfer them to a sealable bag, and keep them frozen for up to 1 month. Or, for a softer, creamier consistency, keep them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
More Easy Snacks and Treats
If you enjoyed these Chocolate Strawberry Yogurt Clusters, you won’t want to miss out on more of our favorite recipes below!
- Frozen Yogurt Fruit Cups
- Chocolate-Covered Dates with Peanut Butter
- Heart-Shaped Stuffed Medjool Dates
- Peanut Butter Energy Balls
Chocolate Strawberry Yogurt Clusters Recipe
- 1 cup strawberries (diced)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 cup semi-chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the strawberries, yogurt, and honey. Gently mix to combine.
- Dollop portions of 2 tablespoons in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Freeze for 1 hour or until solid.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the yogurt from the freezer. Dip each cluster in the melted chocolate, coating both sides.
- Place the clusters back on the baking sheet. Sprinkle salt on top.
- Freeze until solid.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 1 month.