Peanut Butter Banana Frozen Yogurt Bites are a sweet treat you can feel good about. Made with just 6 simple ingredients, they’re easy to make, full of nutrients, and deliver sweet chocolate flavor with every scrumptious bite. Perfect for breakfasts, snacks, or desserts, they’re a quick recipe the whole family will enjoy!
Have you ever tried the frozen chocolate banana bites from the grocery store? They’re one of our favorite treats! But they can be a little pricey. After looking at the ingredient list, we decided we could save a few bucks and make them on our own. Of course, we added a little twist to make them even better!
Try them out for yourself, and we’re confident you’ll ditch the store-bought varieties, too.
Recipe Highlights: Peanut Butter Banana Yogurt Bites
- They’re made with 6 simple, nutritious ingredients.
- You can prepare them in minutes with 0 baking required.
- Every bite packs a punch of chocolate to satisfy your sweet tooth along with nutrients for a recipe you can feel good about.
- One batch makes 24 bites for the whole family.
6 Simple Ingredients
Unlike fancy store-bought yogurt bite options that can contain a million ingredients, additives, and extra sugar, this recipe utilizes simple, nutritious ingredients you probably already have on hand. Here’s what you need:
- Bananas – These form the bulk of the bites, adding texture and a sweet, fruity taste. For the best results, use bananas that are ripe but not mushy at all.
- Yogurt – We use plain Greek yogurt for a creamy texture and a boost of protein and probiotics.
- Honey – Use as little or as much as you’d like to sweeten the yogurt center. If preferred, maple syrup can be substituted.
- Chocolate Chips – Semi-sweet chocolate chips are melted to create a rich chocolate coating.
- Peanut Butter – Creamy peanut butter is added to the chocolate coating for a thicker texture and a rich, Reese’s-inspired taste.
- Coconut Oil – This helps thin out the chocolate making it spreadable and easier to coat the yogurt bites.
How to Make Homemade Frozen Yogurt Bites
These yogurt bites require a bit of planning to set, but they’re super easy to make!
- Create the Base. Stir the bananas, yogurt, and honey together in a medium bowl until they’re well combined.
- Set. Add 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture to a silicone-lined mini muffin tin. Place the tin in the freezer until the yogurt is solid.
- Prepare the Chocolate Coating. In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second increments until the ingredients are melted, stirring in between.
- Dip. Dip the yogurt bites into the warm chocolate mixture, coating both sides.
- Freeze. Place each bite on a
parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle sea salt on top, and freeze again. Enjoy your yogurt bites cold once they’re solid!
As long as you’ve got the basic base of yogurt and fruit, there are endless ways to make these frozen yogurt bites! For instance, some of our favorite variations include:
- Swapping Out the Yogurt – Feel free to replace the plain Greek yogurt with any other sweetened or flavored yogurt you prefer. Adjust the honey to taste depending on how sweet you prefer your bites.
- Using Different or More Chocolate – If needed, opt for dairy-free chocolate chips. You can also swap them out with dark chocolate or white chocolate varieties. Or, add an extra drizzle on top once the chocolate coating has hardened.
- Replace the Peanut Butter – Replace the peanut butter with any other nut or seed butter you prefer. For instance, almond butter, cashew butter, or tahini would all work great.
- Add Granola – For a bit of crunch, stir a handful of your favorite granola into the yogurt mixture.
- Use a Different Fruit – Add to or replace the bananas with strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries for a unique taste.
- Include a Topping – We love the sweet and salty flavor created when adding sea salt on top of our bites. However, you could also use chopped nuts or unsweetened shredded coconut flakes.
Common Questions About Frozen Yogurt Bites
Yes, they’ll just be a little messier! Instead of adding the bites to a muffin tin, arrange them in a single layer on a
Absolutely! If you prefer bigger yogurt bites, a regular-sized muffin tin will work great. Fill each tin about ⅓ of the way full, and adjust the ingredients as needed.
Once completely frozen, your yogurt bites can be transferred to a sealable bag or freezer-safe container and stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Easy Snack Ideas
If you enjoyed these Peanut Butter Banana Yogurt Bites, you might also like:
- Frozen Yogurt Fruit Cups
- Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Chocolate Covered Dates with Peanut Butter
- No-Bake Monster Cookie Bars
Peanut Butter Banana Frozen Yogurt Bites Recipe
- 2 medium bananas (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt*
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 cup semi-chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Optional: sea salt to garnish
- Line a mini muffin tin with silicone liners and a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a bowl and the banana, yogurt, and honey. Mix until combined.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the yogurt mixture to each muffin tin. Freeze 1 hour or until solid.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips, peanut butter, and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second increments, stirring in between until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the yogurt bites from the freezer. Dip each bite into the chocolate mixture, coating both sides.
- Arrange them in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle sea salt on top.
- Freeze 1 hour or until solid.
- Store in a sealable bag in the freezer up to 3 months.