This easy baklava granola recipe is crisp, crunchy, and perfectly sweet for a budget-friendly homemade easy granola that satisfies all your snacking needs. Keep it on hand to serve as cereal, use as a topping for yogurt or granola, or eat by the handful!
Table of Contents
Stop buying granola when you can just make it at home! In all seriousness, we used to buy boxed, store-bought granola like every week. However, it’s pretty pricey, and all those grocery trips start to add up! So, when we realized we could make our own granola recipe at home, we ran to the kitchen to try it out. Luckily, we couldn’t have been more pleased with the results.
Embodying the scrumptious taste of our favorite dessert, our baklava granola recipe is loaded with a sweet, warm flavor and is so easy to whip up. Even better, it’s budget-friendly, made with simple ingredients, and contains no strange additives or preservatives. Plus, it’s totally kid-friendly and perfect for
What Is Baklava?
A classic Middle Eastern dessert, baklava is a type of layered pastry made with filo (also known as phyllo) dough, chopped nuts, and syrup or honey.
Is This Baklava Granola Recipe Healthy?
This baklava granola recipe is an excellent source of complex carbs, healthy fats, and fiber thanks to the use of old-fashioned rolled oats and nuts! As a result, it is fairly healthy and loaded with nutrients to keep you full. If you want, you could even omit the extra sugar or use a low-calorie alternative like monk fruit sweetener to minimize the added sugar and reduce the calorie count.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Embodying the combination of salty and sweet used in baklava recipes, we kept the ingredient list for this granola recipe fairly simple. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Oats – Old-fashioned rolled oats work best to create a crisp texture. If needed, make sure to opt for a brand that is certified as being gluten-free.
- Nuts – We used a mixture of walnuts, shelled pistachios, and almonds to create the best crunch!
- Spices – Warm cinnamon and nutmeg balance out the sweetness of the sugar and honey.
- Ghee – A clarified form of butter, ghee has a rich, decadent flavor that coats the ingredients for an ultra-indulgent taste. If needed, feel free to swap it out for melted coconut oil instead.
- Honey – Used to sweeten the granola and bind the ingredients.
- Brown Sugar – For an extra delicious taste.
- Vanilla Extract – If you can, we highly recommend splurging for 100% vanilla extract instead of the imitation stuff. It truly makes a world of difference in the taste!
- Salt – To enhance the rest of the ingredients.
Feel free to experiment with different spices and mix-ins to make this recipe for granola your own. For instance, some of our favorite options include:
- Chocolate Chips
- Unsweetened Shredded Coconut Flakes
- Dried Fruit
How to Make This Easy Granola Recipe
Follow the steps below to create your own granola recipe with ease, and leave your home smelling like you spent all day baking!
- Prepare: To begin, preheat your oven to 350° Fahrenheit, and line a sheet pan with
- Whisk: Add the ghee, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla to a small bowl.
- Combine the dry ingredients: In a second large bowl, add the remaining dry ingredients, and stir to combine. Then, slowly pour the bowl of wet ingredients on top of the dry, and toss to combine.
- Bake: Arrange the granola mixture in an even layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 20-22 minutes, stirring halfway through until it is crisp and just beginning to turn golden brown.
- Store: Cool completely before breaking apart. Store in an air tight container.
Slightly Crowd the Pan. You’ll want the ingredients to be touching on the baking sheet but not overlapping. This will allow you to create granola clusters while ensuring all of the ingredients bake evenly.
Press the Granola Down. If you like thick clusters, use the back of a spatula to pat the granola down on the baking sheet before adding it to the oven, and pat it down once again after you stir before adding it back to the oven.
Don’t Overbake! Granola is tricky because it doesn’t always look completely done. Trust us, though. You’ll want to pull it out of the oven as soon as it shows the first sign of browning because it will continue to bake as it cools.
Let It Cool. We know it’s super hard to wait, but you definitely want to let your granola cool completely. This ensures that it comes out crisp and the clusters hold together.
How to Store
We’ve been known to eat this granola recipe right off the baking sheet. However, when it’s stored in an airtight container it will stay fresh at room temperature for up to 1 month! So, go ahead and make a double batch. You’re going to want it.
There are endless ways to enjoy this easy granola recipe! However, some of our favorite ways to serve it include:
- In a bowl with milk and fresh fruit
- On top of yogurt for a parfait
- Tossed on top of salads for a sweet and salty crunch
- As a topping for oatmeal or chia pudding
*It also makes for a great holiday gift when placed in a jar and wrapped with a bow!
More DIY Recipes You’ll Love
Looking for more budget-friendly snacks you can make at home? Check out these DIY recipes!
- The best no-bake energy bars, these homemade Monster Cookie Bars are soft, chewy, and full of chocolatey flavor.
- Low-sugar, high-protein, and gluten-free, these Frozen Yogurt Fruit Cups are a healthy, kid-friendly snack you can make in minutes!
- These Peanut Butter Energy Balls are a mind-blowing recipe that will seriously change your life.
- Simple and delicious, this homemade Chickpea Hummus is smooth, creamy, and full of flavor you’ll adore!
Easy Baklava Granola Recipe
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ⅓ cup ghee
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup raw shelled pistachios
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, add the ghee, honey, brown sugar, and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- In a second large bowl, add the dry ingredients (oats, walnuts, pistachios, almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt), and toss to combine.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients on top of the dry, and stir until everything is well coated.
- Arrange the granola in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden, stirring halfway through.
- Cool completely before breaking apart. Store in an air tight container.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.