These Peanut Butter Oreo Yogurt Popsicles are sweet, creamy, and secretly full of protein. Made with just a handful of ingredients, they’re guaranteed to satisfy all your chocolate and ice cream cravings and are tastier than anything you’ll find in the store!
Table of Contents
If you didn’t already know, we have some pretty big sweet tooths, and we love all kinds of desserts from marble cake to sheet pan brookies. However, in the warmer months, we find ourselves craving colder options like these peanut butter Oreo yogurt popsicles!
Sweet and refreshing, they’re the perfect way to cool off after a long day spent in the sun. Plus, they also:
- Come together with just a few simple ingredients.
- Are super easy to make at home.
- Secretly contain protein.
- Taste better than anything you’ll find at your local grocery store.
Ingredients You’ll Need
There are endless flavor variations used to make Greek yogurt popsicles at home, but we went with the classic combination of peanut butter and chocolate. Yum!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Greek Yogurt – We prefer to use full-fat, plain Greek yogurt for the richest taste and creamiest most ice cream-like consistency, but plain or low-fat varieties can be used, too.
- Peanut Butter – Creamy peanut butter works best to create a smooth filling that is well combined.
- Maple Syrup – Helps sweeten the filling. If preferred, honey works well, too.
- Oreos – We use regular chocolate Oreos, but feel free to experiment with different flavors!
- Chocolate Chips – We use milk chocolate chips, but dark chocolate or even white chocolate would also taste great.
- Coconut Oil – Creates a smooth, dunkable chocolate shell.
- Toppings – A sprinkle of sea salt and crushed peanuts add the finishing touch!
Because these yogurt popsicles are so simple, they’re extremely easy to customize and make your own! Try experimenting with different ingredients and flavor variations to satisfy all your cravings.
- Make it Dairy-Free. If needed, opt for a dairy-free yogurt and dairy-free chocolate chips for a dairy-free, vegan-friendly recipe.
- Use a Different Nut or Seed Butter. We’re partial to peanut butter, but any nut or seed butter can be used. Try replacing it with almond butter, sunflower butter, or cashew butter for a different taste.
- Swap Out the Toppings. Mix and match all your favorite toppings for a variety of tastes and textures! Some of our favorite additions include sprinkles, shredded coconut flakes, crushed Oreos, and a drizzle of chocolate.
- Use a Flavored Yogurt. Enhance the taste even more with a flavored yogurt. Vanilla would make a great option!
Mix, Freeze, and Eat! How to Make Homemade Yogurt Popsicles
Unlike other yogurt popsicle recipes, you don’t need any fancy equipment like a blender or popsicle molds here! Instead, just a few simple tools help you create your new favorite dessert.
- Combine the Filling. In a mixing bowl, combine the yogurt, peanut butter, and maple syrup until well combined and smooth.
- Coat. Insert a popsicle stick into the cream filling of each Oreo cookie. Dip the cookies one at a time into the yogurt mixture, coating them completely, and place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze. Transfer the Oreos to the freezer until they’re firm.
- Melt and Coat. In a small, microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in intervals of 30 seconds, stirring in between. Be careful not to burn the chocolate! Then, dip each frozen yogurt pop into the mixture, ensuring they’re fully coated.
- Top and Chill. Place the popsicles back on the baking sheet, and sprinkle your toppings of choice on top. Transfer them back to the freezer until the chocolate is set, and enjoy them cold!
How to Store
Once solid, these peanut butter Oreo yogurt popsicles can be wrapped in parchment or wax paper and transferred to a sealable freezer bag. They’ll stay fresh for up to two to four weeks in the freezer if you can get them to last that long!
More Yogurt Desserts
If you enjoy these easy yogurt popsicles, you won’t want to miss out on more of our yogurt-infused treats below!
- Chocolate Strawberry Yogurt Clusters
- Peanut Butter Banana Frozen Yogurt Bites
- Fruit and Yogurt Parfait
- Frozen Yogurt Fruit Cups
Peanut Butter Oreo Yogurt Popsicles Recipe
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 Oreos
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Crushed peanuts and sea salt for sprinkling
- In a mixing bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, peanut butter, and maple syrup. Stir until well mixed.
- Insert a popsicle stick into the cream filling of each Oreo cookie.
- Dip each Oreo into the yogurt mixture, making sure to coat them evenly. Place the coated Oreos on a parchment paper-lined tray.
- Freeze the tray of coated Oreos for about 1 hour or until they become firm.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Dip each frozen yogurt-coated Oreo into the melted chocolate, ensuring they are fully coated.
- Place the dipped Oreos back on the parchment paper-lined tray.
- Sprinkle crushed peanuts and a pinch of sea salt over the dipped Oreos.
- Freeze the tray until the chocolate is set and the pops are firm, usually for about 2 hours or until completely frozen.
- Wrap them in parchment paper or plastic wrap, transfer them to a sealable freezer bag, and keep frozen for 2-4 months.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.