If you’re a wing lover like we are get ready to meet your next food crush. These
Thanks to the magic of
Table of Contents
- Buffalo Chicken Wings Better Than Takeout!
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- Air Fried Perfection: The Crispiest Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- Tips for Success
- Serving Suggestions
- How to Store and Reheat
- Common Questions About This Easy Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe Recipe
Buffalo Chicken Wings Better Than Takeout!
Who doesn’t love good chicken wings? Whether you’re hosting a game day party, need a crowd-pleasing appetizer, or just want a family-friendly protein source, they always hit the spot.
However, we don’t always love store-bought options or takeout varieties. Luckily, we discovered the secret to making the best Buffalo wings recipe you’ll ever taste!
With minimal prep time and a quick cook time, these
Ingredients You’ll Need
Below is an overview of the ingredients and instructions for this recipe. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card below for all the details and nutrition information!
- Chicken Wings – You’ll need one pound of chicken wings. We recommend buying whole wings, and breaking them to drummets and flats.
- Cornstarch – This is crucial to creating a crisp exterior.
- Buffalo Sauce – Use any homemade or store-bought buffalo sauce such as Frank’s buffalo sauce you like best!
- Unsalted butter – This adds creaminess and a rich flavor to the sauce.
Air Fried Perfection: The Crispiest Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
Before you begin, preheat your
- Coat the wings. Add the chicken wings to a bowl, and toss them with the cornstarch, coating them completely.
- Cook. Arrange the wings in a single layer in the
air fryerbasket. Air fry until they’re golden brown and crispy, flipping halfway through.
- Create the Buffalo sauce. While the wings cook, melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Then, stir in the buffalo sauce and salt.
- Toss the wings. Transfer the cooked wings to a bowl, and drizzle the buffalo sauce on top. Toss to coat, and enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Dry the wings. Before you begin, pat the wings dry with a clean paper towel. This helps ensure the cornstarch sticks.
- Work in batches. Be sure not to overcrowd the
air fryerbasket. You want to allow space around each wing to ensure they cook evenly and become crisp.
- Rest the chicken. Allow the wings to rest for a few minutes before serving. This helps keep them tender and juicy!
The best buffalo wings recipes always come with delicious dipping sauces, and this homemade version is no different! Pair your wings with ranch, blue cheese dressing, or even tzatziki for a creamy, spicy combination that will knock your socks off.
How to Store and Reheat
- Store leftover hot wings in an airtight container in the fridge for up to four days.
- Freeze cooled wings in an airtight container or sealable bag for up to three months.
- Reheat thawed Buffalo chicken wings in the
air fryeror oven just until warmed through. This is the best way to help them crisp back up!
Common Questions About This Easy Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
It’s best to coat your wings in sauce after they are cooked. The crisp skin is perfect for soaking up all the saucy goodness!
Chicken wings are smaller and have less meat. Meanwhile, Buffalo wings are fairly large and have considerably more meat.
You’ll know your wings are done cooking when a meat thermometer can be inserted into the center away from the bone and reads 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Yes, just make sure they’re completely thawed and dry before cooking. Otherwise, they’re likely to become soggy.
More Delicious Chicken Recipes
- Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
Air FryerChicken Wings
- Crispy Baked Chicken Nuggets
- Cornflake Chicken with Hot Honey
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius) for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, toss the chicken wings with cornstarch until they are evenly coated. This will help make the wings extra crispy.1 pound chicken wings, 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- Place the coated wings in the preheated air fryer basket in a single layer. Cook in batches as needed depending on the size of the air fryer.
- Cook the wings in the air fryer for about 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until they are golden brown and crispy.
- While the wings are cooking, prepare the buffalo sauce. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Once melted, stir in the buffalo sauce and salt to taste. Adjust the amount of buffalo sauce and salt according to preference.1/2 cup buffalo sauce, 1 Tablespoon butter, Salt
- Once the wings are cooked, transfer them to a bowl and pour the buffalo sauce over them. Toss the wings until they are evenly coated in the sauce.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.