Combining two of your favorite comfort foods, this Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake is made with buffalo dip ingredients and pasta noodles for an unbelievable recipe ready in less than 30 minutes. Serve it on its own, or pair it with all your favorite side dishes!
What Is Buffalo Chicken Pasta?
Buffalo chicken pasta might just be one of the best inventions ever made. If you’ve never had it, you gotta run to the kitchen immediately. A sort of casserole or baked pasta dish, buffalo chicken bake combines cooked pasta with the flavors and texture of classic buffalo chicken dip. As a result, it turns a fan-favorite appetizer into the ultimate comfort food meal. Easy to make and loaded with cheese, it’s the perfect way to feed a crowd on game day or just satisfy your family after a long week!
What You’ll Need
Simple ingredients combine in one dish to create a slightly spicy flavor and out-of-this-world taste that leaves our families begging for more. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Pasta – We prefer to use penne pasta, but any similar shape will work. If needed, feel free to use gluten-free pasta instead.
- Cream Cheese – This melts down to create the creamiest texture and most decadent taste.
- Chicken – You can definitely prepare and shred your own chicken with a recipe like this. However, to save tons of time, we just buy a rotisserie chicken instead!
- Sauce – Hot sauce and buffalo sauce are added and adjusted to taste to give this pasta bake the bold buffalo flavor we’re looking to achieve.
- Garlic – Garlic elevates the flavor of everything, and definitely belongs in this buffalo chicken pasta bake!
- Milk – For the most indulgent flavor, use whole milk. However, anything you have on hand is fine.
- Broth – A splash of broth helps thin out the buffalo sauce and adds extra flavor to the noodles.
- Cheese – Mozzarella, cheddar, and blue cheese combine for the stringiest, most incredible sauce!
How to Make Baked Buffalo Chicken Pasta
You’re gonna love this buffalo chicken pasta! Seriously, it couldn’t be easier to make. All you have to do is combine the ingredients and bake. Take a look at the directions below to get started.
- Preheat the oven.
- Cook and drain the pasta. Then, arrange the noodles and cream cheese in the middle of your baking dish. Add the rest of the ingredients on top.
- Bake until the cheese is melted.
- Stir to combine, and serve warm with a sprinkle of chopped chives on top.
Wanna know our top secret tips to make your pasta even better? Take a look below!
Soften the Cream Cheese. Let it sit out at room temperature to soften before adding the cream cheese to the baking dish. This allows for faster melting and easier stirring.
Shred Your Cheese. For a more intense flavor, buy blocks of cheese and shred it yourself. We promise, it’s so much better than using pre-shredded cheese!
Make It Extra Creamy. If you’re a fan of lots of sauce, use fewer noodles for an ultra creamy buffalo chicken pasta bake.
Add a Splash of Liquid. If your pasta looks dry once removed from the oven, stir in an extra splash of milk or broth to freshen it up.
Honesty, we serve this baked buffalo chicken pasta on its own for a super filling meal. However, it can also be paired with your favorite sides like:
Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Or, store them in the freezer for up to 3 months! Then, reheat it in the oven or microwave.
Can I Make this Recipe in a Crockpot?
We haven’t tested it, but it should work just fine! However, if you want to use a crockpot, we recommend opting for uncooked chicken to prevent it from drying out. Then, just add the ingredients, and cook on low for about 6 hours or on high for 3 hours, and be sure to adjust the time as needed.
You’ll know your buffalo chicken pasta is finished when the cheese has melted and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit. Use two forks to shred the chicken, give your recipe a stir, and enjoy!
Do I Have to Use Blue Cheese?
No! If you aren’t a fan, feel free to serve it on the side, replace it with another type of cheese, or omit it completely!
Can I Make this Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake a Low-Carb Recipe?
You could swap out the pasta noodles for a low-carb pasta alternative, or use zucchini noodles,
Can I Make this Less Spicy?
For a more mild taste, replace the hot sauce with more buffalo sauce. Or, use Ranch instead for a slightly different taste that’s still super yummy.
More Pasta Recipes You’ll Love
Looking for more easy comfort food pasta recipes? Try out these family-favorite meals!
- Light, refreshing, and just slightly tangy, this Lemon Garlic Parmesan Pasta is the only dinner recipe you’ll need.
- Tender, creamy, and full of cheesy garlicky goodness, this Tuscan Chicken Pasta is made in the slow cooker for the easiest comfort food recipe!
- Savory, filling, and delicious, this Egyptian Orzo Pasta is a twist on a classic recipe we grew up eating.
- Hands-off and easy to put together, this One Pot Spicy Rigatoni is guaranteed to become your new favorite weeknight dinner.
Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake
- 16 ounces penne pasta or similar shape cooked al-dente
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- 1/4 cup hot sauce more or less to taste
- 1/3 cup buffalo sauce more or less to taste
- 8 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth or broth of choice
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup low-moisture mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large oval baking dish add cooked pasta and cream cheese in the center. Layer shredded chicken, hot sauce, buffalo sauce, garlic, broth, milk, and cheese on top.16 ounces penne pasta or similar shape, 8 ounces cream cheese, 1 rotisserie chicken, 1/4 cup hot sauce, 1/3 cup buffalo sauce, 8 cloves garlic, 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth, 1 cup whole milk, 1 cup low-moisture mozzarella cheese, 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, 1/3 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Stir everything together until it is super creamy. Add a splash of broth or milk as needed. Garnish with chives, and serve warm.chives for garnish
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.