Juicy chicken thighs are coated with spices and baked in the oven for the ultimate easy weeknight meal that’s full of flavor and good for you, too with this Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs and Veggies Recipe! Make it ahead of time, and pair it with all your favorite sides for a satisfying meal you’ll love.
Why We Love Sheet Pan Chicken
Weeknight meals just don’t get easier than this! Sheet pan chicken thighs are one of our favorite hacks for quick dinners that taste like you spend all day in the kitchen. Plus, as the name suggests, they come together with just one dish. As a result, you don’t have to dirty up every dish in your kitchen by preparing different sides. Instead, you can be in and out in no time! Plus, this recipe is:
- High in protein
- Loaded with nutrients and fiber
- Super kid-friendly
- Great for
Ingredients You’ll Need
When it comes to sheet pan chicken and veggies recipes, there’s really no right or wrong way to do it. Feel free to use up whatever ingredients you have on hand! However, our favorite combination includes:
- Chicken Thighs – In our opinion, thighs work better than breasts, because they have a higher fat content that locks in the moisture and keeps them extra flavorful.
- Herbs and Seasonings – Chili powder, thyme, Herbs de Provence, lemon pepper, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper create a slightly spicy super savory taste!
- Veggies – Really, any veggies you have on hand can be used. However, we include cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and red potatoes.
- Olive Oil – Because there are so few ingredients, it’s crucial to use a high-quality olive oil to caramelize the veggies and keep the chicken moist.
- Cheese – A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese takes this dish to the next level!
How to make Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies
If you’re new to sheet pan chicken and veggies recipes, prepare for your whole world to be changed forever! All you have to do is add the ingredients to a pan, pop them in the oven, and wait.
- Preheat your oven, and grease a baking pan.
- Trim your chicken of excess fat, and coat it with the spices.
- Add the veggies to the baking dish, and toss with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken on the pan.
- Bake until the chicken is cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit.
Just when you thought sheet pan chicken thighs and veggies couldn’t get any easier to make, we’ve got a few failproof tips to make it even better!
Use A Large Pan. You want to make sure that all of the ingredients are spaced evenly on the baking pan so that they cook completely.
Give Hard Veggies a Headstart. If you choose to incorporate different veggies, you might want to vary the baking times. For instance, hard veggies like sweet potatoes and carrots will take longer to bake than softer, more watery options like zucchini and onions.
Cut the Chicken. You want your chicken to be cut into fairly equal-sized pieces so that they bake evenly and are finished at the same time.
Storage and Reheating
Easily stored in the fridge or freezer, this sheet pan chicken recipe is a great meal to make in bulk and enjoy throughout the week!
Refrigerator: Once cooled, leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Freezer: Keep your chicken and veggies in an airtight container or sealable bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. Once thawed, more watery veggies like zucchini might become a bit mushy, but they’ll still taste great!
To Reheat: Once thawed, leftovers can be warmed in the microwave, on a skillet, or in the oven.
The great thing about this recipe is that it’s a whole meal all on its own. However, if you want to spruce it up even further, feel free to serve it with a tasty appetizer! Some of our favorite options include:
More Family-Friendly Chicken Recipes
If you’re searching for more simple chicken recipes, you’re in luck! We’ve got you covered with these great options:
- Made with a creamy sauce and a hint of spice, this Easy Baked Cheesy Chicken Recipe is a quick family dinner guaranteed to fill you up and keep you satisfied.
- One bite, and you’ll be making this Marry Me Chicken again and again…and again!
- Our simplified version of a classic recipe, this Chicken Shawarma is hearty, flavorful, and so quick to make.
- Tender, creamy, and full of cheesy garlicky goodness, this Tuscan Chicken Pasta comes together in the slow cooker for the easiest comfort food recipe you’ll ever make!
Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs and Veggies
- 16 ounces boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tablespoon chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 2 teaspoons herbs de provence
- 2 teasppons lemon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon garlic minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons salt ((or to taste))
- 1 teaspoon black pepper ((or to taste))
- 16 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 3 medium red potatoes, chopped (option to remove skin)
- 2 Tablespoons good quality olive oil
- Optional: grated Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl combine all the spices.
- Trim any excess fat off the chicken thighs. Then, in a second large bowl, add the chicken thighs and spices. Mix to coat the chicken completely.
- In a greased 13×9 inch sheet pan add the chopped veggies. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Gently toss to combine.
- Arrange the chicken over the veggies.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit.