Get ready for the ultimate family-friendly comfort food experience with our One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta! This recipe is an incredible combination of tender pasta shells, juicy chicken, veggies, and warm spice. And it all comes together in a magical one-pot creation! Not only is it hearty and filling, but it’s also a breeze to make, ready in just 30 minutes. It’s a dinner winner that’ll have everyone at the table asking for seconds!
Table of Contents
- Tantalizing Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- What Is This Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta Made Of?
- How to Make This One-Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe
- Optional Variations
- Serving Suggestions
- Common Questions About This Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe
- More One-Pot Recipes
- One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe Recipe
Tantalizing Tuscan Chicken Pasta
In case you haven’t been following us long enough to get the memo, here’s our not-so-well-kept secret — we absolutely adore one-pot pasta recipes. Quick and versatile, they’re the best weeknight meal, and this creamy Tuscan chicken pasta recipe is one of our go-to recipes! Thanks to our easy method, it’s ready in just 30 minutes and is sure to please.
The Parmesan cheese pairs with heavy cream for a creamy, satisfying sauce that coats the tender noodles. Then, we add sun-dried tomato pesto and spinach for a boost of nutrients and juicy chicken for lots of protein to keep you full.
With carbs, protein, fat, and fiber, it’s a complete meal all in one!
What Is This Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta Made Of?
Channeling the rich, peppery flavors of Tuscan cuisine, this Tuscan chicken pasta pairs simplicity with sophistication. It requires just a handful of ingredients including:
- Butter – We recommend using unsalted butter. If preferred, salted butter will work, too. Just make sure to adjust the amount of extra salt included so as not to overpower the dish.
- Garlic – We recommend using fresh garlic cloves for the best flavor.
- Chicken – Boneless, skinless chicken breasts work best.
- Seasonings – Salt, black pepper, and dried oregano add an herbaceous, peppery kick Tuscan cuisine is known for having. Then, we love to add a dash of crushed red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
- Pasta – Shellbow pasta is our favorite shape for this recipe. A cross between elbow pasta and shells, its nooks and crannies are perfect for holding all the creamy sauce!
- Veggies – Chopped spinach and roasted red peppers add a pop of color and lots of nutrients.
- Pesto – We use sun-dried tomato pesto for a warm, tangy taste. However, if you can’t find it, regular pesto can be used as well.
- Broth – Low-sodium chicken broth cooks the pasta, infusing extra flavor. If preferred, vegetable broth can be used instead.
- Heavy Cream – This is our secret to a velvety smooth sauce!
- Cheese – Everything tastes better with Parmesan cheese. If possible, we recommend grating it fresh from a block.
How to Make This One-Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe
This Tuscan chicken pasta recipe is the perfect low-maintenance meal for busy weeknights! Follow these simple steps, and you’ll have a delicious meal on the table in minutes:
- Cook the Chicken. In a large pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Then, add the garlic and chicken. Add the seasonings, and cook until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Combine and Cook. Add the pasta, spinach, roasted peppers, pesto, and broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, cover, and reduce the heat. Let the mixture simmer until the pasta is al dente.
- Serve. Add the heavy cream and Parmesan cheese, and stir until the cheese is melted and the sauce is creamy. Top with extra cheese, if desired, and enjoy warm!
Turn this Tuscan Chicken Pasta into your culinary playground! Experiment with these delicious variations to tailor the recipe to your taste:
- Pasta – If you can’t find shell pasta, any shape can be used. Shells, rigatoni, penne, or rotini make great options.
- Veggies – Try including a variety of vegetables like onions, mushrooms, and tomatoes to add even more nutrients to the dish.
- Protein – We found that chicken breasts take on the flavor of the seasonings really well. However, any protein can be used in this recipe. For instance, chicken thighs, chicken sausage, ground beef, or ground turkey all taste great.
While this Tuscan Chicken Pasta is a complete and filling meal in itself, why not take it to the next level with some stellar side pairings? Here are some of the best companions to make your dining experience even more delectable:
- Quick Focaccia with Za’atar Seasoning
- Spiraled Cucumber Yogurt Salad
- Whipped Feta with Tomato and Cucumber Salad
Common Questions About This Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe
Stored in an airtight container in the fridge, this pasta will stay fresh for up to 3 days.
Yes! Once cooled, transfer leftovers to an airtight container, and keep them stored in the freezer for up to 6 months. To enjoy, let it thaw in the fridge overnight, and warm it in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Yes, feel free to use any gluten-free pasta you like best. However, we have noticed that gluten-free pasta tends to become a bit mushier. So, just keep this in mind as you cook!
More One-Pot Recipes
If you’ve fallen for the creamy goodness of our Tuscan Chicken Pasta, you definitely won’t want to miss these one-pot wonders:
- One Pot Spinach and Artichoke Pasta
- One Pot Taco Pasta
- One Pot Pizza Pasta
- Cheddar Cheese Herb Chicken
One Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 16 ounces uncooked shellbow pasta
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- In a large pot or Dutch oven on medium-high heat add the butter. Once melted, add the garlic and chicken. Be sure that this chicken is in a single layer. Work in batches, if needed so as not to overcrowd the chicken.2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, 4 cloves garlic, minced, 1 pound chicken breast, diced
- Add the salt, pepper, thyme, oregano, and crushed red pepper, if using. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the chicken is no longer pink.1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, 1 teaspoon dried thyme, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Add the uncooked pasta, spinach, roasted peppers, sun-dried tomato pesto, and broth. Bring the ingredients to a boil over high heat. Cover, and reduce the heat to low for 12-14 minutes or until pasta is al-dente.16 ounces uncooked shellbow pasta, 3 cups fresh spinach, 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped, 2 Tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto, 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Add the heavy cream, and Parmesan cheese, stirring to combine.1/2 cup heavy cream, 8 ounces Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Serve warm!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.