Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, chewy, and perfectly poppable. The ultimate bite-sized treat, they’re easy to make and full of chocolate in every bite.
Why You’ll Love These Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you know us, you know we’re always baking cookies. From peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies to brown butter toffee cookies, and so many more, we love them all! However, these mini chocolate chip cookies hold a special place in our hearts. The perfect bite for when you need something just a little sweet, the recipe:
- Bakes in 10 minutes or less.
- Make a giant batch to feed a crowd.
- Is easy to prepare in advance.
- Combines easily and creates the softest, most delicious cookies you’ll ever taste.
Ingredients You’ll Need
You won’t find any fancy ingredients or strange add-ins in these mini chocolate chip cookies. Simple ingredients are all you’ll need! This includes:
- Flour – All-purpose flour forms the base of the dough.
- Cornstarch – This helps create a tender, crumbly texture.
- Baking Soda – Make sure it’s fresh!
- Salt – Used to enhance the flavor of the rest of the ingredients.
- Butter – Unsalted butter is melted and cooled slightly to enhance the richness of the dough.
- Sugar – A combination of regular granulated and brown sugar is used to sweeten the cookies while keeping them soft.
- Vanilla Extract – Use high-quality pure vanilla extract for a bold, sweet taste.
- Eggs – Eggs and egg yolk are used to provide structure to the dough and contribute to a more decadent flavor and a softer texture.
- Chocolate Chips – We use regular milk chocolate chips, but mini chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips taste great, too!
How to Make Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
These mini chocolate chip cookies come together just like any other chocolate chip cookie recipe. We just portion them smaller to make them bite-sized and cute. Here’s what to do:
- Combine the Dry Ingredients. In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients until smooth.
- Cream. In a second bowl, cream the melted butter. Add both sugars, and cream again until the ingredients are thoroughly blended. Add the vanilla and eggs to the same bowl, and use a hand mixer to beat the ingredients until they are light and fluffy.
- Combine. Working slowly, mix the dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients just until they are combined. Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake. Use a mini ice cream scoop or a heaping tablespoon to portion the dough, and place it on a cookie sheet. Bake just until the edges are golden brown.
- Cool. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet until they are firm enough to hold their shape. Then, transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
These mini chocolate chip cookies are easy to create, but there are a few extra tips that will ensure they turn out perfect every single time you bake!
- Don’t Overmix. You want to be careful to combine the ingredients just until no clumps remain. Continuing to mix will result in dense, tough cookies which is not what we want.
- Refrigerate the Dough. After portioning your dough, we recommend refrigerating it overnight or placing it in the freezer for 1 hour. This helps the fat solidify, preventing the cookies from spreading too much and ensuring they’re soft and flavorful.
- Add Chocolate. Place a couple of extra chocolate chips on top of your cookies before placing them in the oven. Not only does this make them extra pretty, but it also guarantees you get plenty of chocolate in every bite.
- Avoid Overbaking. Be sure to keep a close eye on your mini chocolate chip cookies while they bake, and remove them from the oven as soon as the edges begin to turn golden brown. They’ll continue to bake as they cool!
Make Ahead and Storage Options
Given how addicting these mini chocolate chip cookies are to eat, they end to disappear right away. However, they’re also great to make in advance or store for later!
If you want to prepare the dough ahead of time, it can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. Or, portion your cookies, freeze them on a baking sheet, transfer them to a freezer-safe container, and keep them stored for up to 3 months. Then, bake them from frozen adding a few minutes of baking time as needed.
Or, go ahead and bake your mini chocolate chip cookies completely. Then, once they’re fully cooled, they can be transferred to a sealable bag or airtight container and stored at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies Common Questions
If your cookies turn out flat, it’s likely because the butter was too warm. You want it to be cooled just enough so that it is still liquid. Also, to prevent your cookies from spreading, don’t forget to refrigerate or freeze your dough!
You’ll know your cookies are done as soon as you can see the edges begin to turn a light golden-brown color.
These cookies are meant to turn out soft and slightly chewy. However, if you prefer them to be a bit crisper, you can leave them in the oven a minute or two longer. Just be careful not to let them burn!
More Delicious Cookie Recipes
Looking for more crowd-pleasing cookie recipes? Try out some of our favorites below!
- S’mores Cookies
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Monster Cookies
- The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 14 Tablespoons unsalted butter (melted and cooled slightly)
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (loosely packed)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk (room temperature)
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, add the flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a second bowl, cream the butter. Add the granulated sugar and brown sugar, and cream again until the ingredients are thoroughly blended. Add the vanilla and eggs to the bowl, and use a hand mixer to beat until the ingredients are fluffy and light.
- Add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients, stirring just until they are combined. NOTE: Be careful not to overmix!
- Use a mini ice cream scoop or heaped tablespoon to portion the dough into mini chocolate chip cookies. For the best results, transfer the cookies to the fridge overnight, or place them in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown. Be careful not to overbake!
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Perfect! My new go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe. Thanks, Food Dolls!
Yay! So glad to hear that this was a hit! xo, Alia and Radwa
Thanks for sharing these choco chips recipe. I will definitely try it.