- 1/2 cup browned butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar light or dark
- 2 extra large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup creamy honey peanut butter feel free to do the regular
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour unbleached
- 2 cups dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add both butters, and sugars. Beat on medium speed, just until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Be on medium-high speed, be sure to beat well in-between, scraping the sides. You want to beat for a good 2-3 minutes to make sure it gets light and creamy.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Sift your dry ingredients. Add in two batches. Mix on low speed, just until combined. Be sure not to over beat at this stage or the cookies will be dry!
- Add chocolate chunks/chips.
- Use a 1/4 cup scoop. Now comes the important step. You need to place the dough in the refrigerator overnight! Please do not skip this step!
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 13-15 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before moving on a cooling rack.
*Placing the dough in the refrigerator insures a nice thick cookie. We like to freeze them and keep them frozen until we are ready to bake. We can't promise this cookie will be thick if you choose to bake right away. At your own risk 🙂 *If using unsalted peanut butter, increase salt to 1 teaspoon.
They turned out so thick and gooey!