- 1/2 cup browned butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, light or dark
- 2 extra large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup creamy honey peanut butter feel free to do the regular
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour unbleached
- 2 cups dark chocolate chunks or chips
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add both butters, and sugars. Beat on medium speed, just until combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time. Be on medium-high speed, be sure to beat well in-between, scraping the sides. You want to beat for a good 2-3 minutes to make sure it gets light and creamy.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- Sift your dry ingredients. Add in two batches. Mix on low speed, just until combined. Be sure not to over beat at this stage or the cookies will be dry!
- Add chocolate chunks/chips.
- Use a 1/4 cup scoop. Now comes the important step. You need to place the dough in the refrigerator overnight! Please do not skip this step!
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 13-15 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes before moving on a cooling rack.
They turned out so thick and gooey!