Ultra-thick, soft on the inside, crispy on the edges, and packed full of chocolate chips, these Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies are the biggest most delicious cookies you’ll ever taste! Serve them with a glass of milk or a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Table of Contents
The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
We couldn’t be more excited to share these dark chocolate chip cookies with you! We got our inspiration from the popular, Levain Bakery in NYC! We’ve been testing the recipe to make sure it’s perfect, and saying we’re obsessed is a bit of an understatement. Soft, very thick, slightly chewy, and bursting with chocolate flavor, this recipe takes everything you love about regular cookies and makes them even better. It’s no wonder they’re called the ultimate chocolate chip cookies! Plus, they’re huge, making them the perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth. Served warm out of the oven with a cold glass of milk, they’re everything you could ever want and so much more!
Ingredients You’ll Need for Easy Baking
- Butter – Not only is butter tasty, but it also helps provide structure and create a soft texture as it bakes.
- Sugar – For extra sweet and super moist cookies, we used both brown sugar and organic cane sugar.
- Eggs – Full of protein and healthy fats, eggs are crucial to ensuring your cookies hold their structure once baked.
- Flour – All-purpose flour forms the base of the dough, providing structure.
- Cornstarch – When added to baked goods, cornstarch helps create a crumbly texture for cookies that melt in your mouth.
- Baking Soda – Baking soda acts as a leavener, helping the cookies rise as they bake. Without it, your cookies would be pretty dense!
- Salt – Simple yet powerful, adding a pinch of salt helps bring out the other flavors of the ingredients for cookies that will have guests raving for days.
- Chocolate Chips – For extra rich flavor, we used a combination of sem-sweet and dark chocolate chips, but feel free to use whatever you like best!
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla helps add depth to the taste of these cookies, enhancing the flavor of the other ingredients.
How to Make Ultimate Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies
These cookies are super simple to make. We’ll break the process down for you below, but don’t forget to read the recipe card as well for complete instructions!
- Preheat the oven to 390° Fahrenheit.
- Cream together the butter and sugars.
- Add the eggs to the mixture one at a time. Once they’re incorporated, pour in the vanilla, too.
- Next, stir in the remaining dry ingredients except for the chocolate chips until they are just combined.
- Gently fold in the chocolate.
- Form the dough into 8 large balls of dough.
- Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes on the center rack, until they are golden brown on top.
- Be sure to let them cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet to set.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cool
Use Cold Butter. While baking cold butter creates steam that creates air pockets in the cookie dough contributing to the fluffy texture we’re looking for.
Don’t Overmix! Combine the ingredients until they are just mixed. Continuing to stir will create more gluten in the dough which leads to dense cookies.
Splurge on High-Quality Chocolate. We’re all for budgeting, but trust us, splurging a bit on your favorite decadent chocolate takes these cookies to the next level making them truly ultimate!
Don’t Overbake. Be sure to remove the cookies from the oven as soon as they begin to brown on top. They may not look fully cooked, but they’ll continue to bake on the pan as they cool.
Can I Make This Recipe Ahead of Time?
Yes! These Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies will keep at room temperature for up to 5 days. To keep them soft try placing a white piece of bread in the container they’re in! It helps absorb excess moisture.
If you want to make this recipe ahead of time, you can also store your cookies in the freezer! Unbaked dough will keep for up to 3 months. For easy baking, we prefer to portion it out ahead of time. To do so, place the individual balls of cookie dough on a baking sheet, and place them in the freezer until set. Then, transfer the dough to a sealable bag, and store them it in the freezer.
Even More Cookie Recipes You’ll Love
- These Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies are a chocolate lover’s dream!
- Bring your favorite Crumbl cookies to your kitchen with this Copycat Mom’s Cookies recipe.
- We took everyone’s favorite food combination and made it even better by including candy pieces in these Reese’s Pieces Peanut Butter Cookies!
- Thick and chewy, these Monster Cookies are guaranteed to satisfy all your cravings.
The ULTIMATE Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 cup cold butter cut into small cubes
- 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In large mixing bowl (best to use a stand mixer fitted uwith the paddle attachment), cream together cold butter, brown sugar, and sugar for a few minutes until it is creamy. About 3-4 minutes.1 cup cold butter, 1 cup packed light or dark brown sugar, ½ cup organic cane sugar
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mixing well. Add vanilla2 extra large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix just until combined. Add both chocolates.2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons cornstarch, ¾ teaspoon baking soda, ¾ teaspoon sea salt, 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Take about 1/2 cup dough and place onto tray. Makes about 8 LARGE cookies.
- Place the sheet tray on the center rack. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown on the top.
- Let them rest for at least 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.