Let’s face it, making homemade bread is not for everyone, and certainly not for us! So what’s the secret? Frozen dinner rolls! If you serve this at your next holiday party or gathering, no one will know that they aren’t made from scratch! The bonus, it this recipe is only 5 ingredients!
Sometimes the holidays always adds a layer of stress, especially if you have multiple sides to prepare. What we love about using frozen dinner rolls is that it gets one side out of the way, without an ounce of stress! You can even have the kids help put this one together, definitely a win win for everyone!
Rhodes Frozen Dinner Rolls
Italian flat leaf parsley
salt and pepper
How to make these dinner rolls
Herbed Garlic Butter. Start by melting the butter in the microwave or in a small saucepan on medium-low heat. Add the garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. *The butter should not be really hot, you just want it melted.
Frozen Rolls. In a 13×9 baking dish arrange the frozen dinner rolls, making sure to leave about 2 inch space in between each one.
Liberally brush each roll with the garlicky butter.
Let Rise. Cover with saran wrap and let them rise until double, which takes about 4-5 hours!
Cheese. Once they have fully risen, sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese.
Bake. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until they are nice and golden brown and fluffy inside!
Herbs. If you have a favorite herb go ahead and use it. This would be fabulous if you do a mix of dried herbs, such as, thyme, rosemary, and sage.
Cheese. The parmesan cheese is optional but you can definitely substitute with any other cheese. Cheddar, or mozzarella would be great subs.
How to make ahead
These rolls can be prepared the same way. Instead of letting them rise on the counter for 4-5 hours, you can cover and refrigerate for 10-12 hours. Once they are double in size, then they are ready to be baked.
If you love using frozen dinner rolls, try or No Knead Focaccia recipe, it’s life changing!
Garlic Parmesan Dinner Rolls (5 ingredient recipe)
- 12 frozen Rhodes Dinner Rolls
- 3/4 stick melted butter
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup Italian flat leaf parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- In a small mixing bowl combine melted butter, garlic, and parsley. Mix until combined.
- In a 13x9 baking dish arrange the frozen dinner rolls, making sure to leave space in between each one.
- Brush each roll liberally with the garlic butter sauce.
- Cover and let rise for 5-6 hours or until double in size
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove cover from the bread rolls. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the bread is nice and golden brown.