Made with layers of cookies, creamy peanut butter, decadent chocolate, and more, this No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie is an indulgent dessert that will have your guests begging for more!
Why We Love Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Honestly, there are endless reasons why we love this chocolate peanut butter pie. Rich and dreamy, it’s the perfect balance of sweet and salty flavors to satisfy all your cravings. Plus, it couldn’t be easier to make! All you have to do is combine the ingredients, and wait. No oven required. Not to mention, unlike other no-bake peanut butter pie recipes, our version is made with a base of Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Oreos! It’s:
- Filled with chocolate and peanut butter in every bite.
- Made in 30 minutes.
- Easy to make ahead of time.
- Perfect for birthday parties, holidays, pitch-ins, and more!
Ingredients You’ll Need
For this chocolate peanut butter pie, we kept the ingredients pretty simple. However, to achieve the best peanut butter and chocolate taste, we used a few special items. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Oreo Cookies – We found that including these specialty Oreos took this recipe to the next level. However, if you can’t find them at your store, regular Oreos or any chocolate creme cookie will do.
- Peanuts – We like to use lightly salted peanuts.
- Unsalted Butter – Salted butter is much too salty for this recipe!
- Creamy Peanut Butter -We like creamy, but chunky works too.
- Powdered Sugar – This is perfect for adding extra sweetness while creating a light, fluffy texture for the pie filling.
- Cream Cheese – The key to a thick center, cream cheese helps create a thick, soft center.
- Milk – For the best taste, we like to use whole milk, but any percentage you have is fine!
- Whipped Topping – Any kind of whipped topping like cool whip is great.
- Peanut Butter Cups – We use classic Reese’s peanut butter cups!
- Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix – If you prefer, homemade pudding can be used as well.
- Chocolate Sauce – This is technically optional, but you can never have enough chocolate, right?!
How to Make No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie
With all its layers this pie might look a little intimidating to make, but we promise it’s a breeze! Just follow the steps below.
- Pulse the Oreos, peanuts, and butter in a food processor until fine crumbs are formed.
- Press the mixture into a 10-12 inch tart pan. Refrigerate.
- Combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and milk. Add half of the whipped topping. Then, fold in the peanut butter cups.
- In a separate bowl, combine the pudding mix and cold milk. Then, set it aside to thicken.
- Assemble your pie by layering the peanut butter filling, chocolate pudding, and the rest of the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle mini peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips, and chocolate sauce on top.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve!
How Long Does Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Last?
Our families devour this pie as soon as it is ready to eat. However, if you can manage not to eat it all at once, this recipe is easy to store either in the fridge or freezer.
Refrigerator: Covered in an airtight container this pie will last for 3-4 days.
Freezer: Place it completely covered in the freezer for up to 1 month.
To Serve: You can serve your no-bake peanut butter pie both thawed and frozen! If frozen, it tastes more like an ice cream cake. Whatever you do just make sure it isn’t served at room temperature. Otherwise, it’s likely to melt!
More Perfect Pie Recipes
- Made with 4 layers, this Peanut Butter Cookie Pie is a cookie lover’s dream come true!
- Incredibly rich in flavor, this Billy Miner Ice Cream Pie is not for the faint of heart.
- Sweet dulce de leche combines with bananas and whipped topping in this unbelievably delicious Banoffee Cream Pie recipe.
- With just 4 ingredients, this Fluffernutter Cookie Pie is a simple dessert that will impress all your guests!
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 36 Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Oreo Cookies (or regular)
- 1/2 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (can substitute with chunky)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 16 ounces whipped topping (divided)
- 8 peanut butter cups (chopped)
- 6 ounces instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- mini peanut butter cups (optional)
- chocolate sauce (optional)
- In a food processor, add Oreo cookies, peanuts, and melted butter. Process until fine crumbs. Press in the bottom of a 10-12 inch tart pan. Refrigerate until you make the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and milk. Blend until smooth. Add half of the (8oz) whipped topping. Mix until combined. Fold in peanut butter cups.
- In another mixing bowl combine pudding mix and cold milk. Beat well. Set aside until it thickens.
- Add the peanut butter filling to the crust, chocolate pudding, and remaining whipped topping. Garnish with mini peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips, and chocolate sauce. Refrigerate until ready to serve!
- Optional garnish: mini peanut butter cups, peanut butter chips, and chocolate sauce.