Billy Miner Ice Cream Pie
- 1/2 cup butter divided
- 36 Oreo cookies crushed
- 3 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate
- 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2/3 cups evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 quarts coffee ice cream such as Haagen Daaz, slightly softened
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- Melt 1/4 cup butter. Mix crushed cookies with melted butter; press half of the mixture in the bottom of a 10-inch pie plate and chill (reserve remaining cookie mixture).
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate and remaining butter. Remove from the heat and stir in sugar. Gradually add the evaporated milk and mix until smooth, stir in vanilla extract. Set aside to cool.
- Top the Oreo crust with the ice cream. Evenly spread the remaining crushed Oreo cookies. Place in the freezer and freeze until the ice cream is firm again.
- Spread the fudge sauce over the ice cream layer. (Freeze until you make the topping).
- Beat the whipping cream and powdered sugar until soft peaks form.
- Store in the freezer until ready to serve. Remove and let sit a few minutes before slicing.
Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with almonds, caramel and chocolate sauce. Enjoy. Eat. Repeat.