- 12 extra large egg yolks room temperature
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup espresso or strong black coffee cold
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese
- 2 cups cold heavy cream
- 36-42 Oreo Cookies
- 1 cup espresso or strong coffee for dipping room temperature
- unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
- In a bowl of an electric mixer or stand mixer add egg yolks and sugar. Beat on high speed until very thick, approximately 5-6 minutes. Mixture will be light in color and fall down in ribbons. Lower the speed and add mascarpone cheese and coffee.
- In a separate bowl beat heavy cream until stiff peaks. Add to the egg yolk mixture. Beat on low speed just until combined and creamy.
- In a shallow bowl or wide mug add coffee. Dip each cookie in coffee and arrange in a 11x8 baking dish. You may have to cut some cookies to cover the gaps. Add 1/3rd of the zabaglione cream. Repeat. You should have three layers of cookies and ending with the zabaglione.
- Refrigerate for at least eight hours, preferably overnight. Before serving, dust with a nice thick layer of cocoa powder.