Oreo Mocha Icebox Cake
- 2 1/2 cups cold Heavy Cream
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp strong brewed espresso (or coffee, chilled)
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese (room temperature)
- 4 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
- 36-40 Oreo cookies
- 1/3 rd cup mini chocolate chips
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the heavy cream, mascarpone, cream cheese, sugar, espresso, cocoa powder, and vanilla. Mix on low speed to combine and then slowly raise the speed, beat until it forms firm peaks.
- To assemble the cake, arrange Oreo cookies in an 8 x 8 square baking dish. Make sure to break cookies to fill in the gaps. Spread a third of the mocha whipped cream and cover the cookies. Continue layering cookies and cream until there are 3 layers of each, ending with a layer of cream. Smooth the top, and cover with mini chocolate chips. cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!