Made with layers of chocolate graham crackers, peanut butter cream cheese filling, and chocolate sauce, this Peanut Butter Lasagna is a crowd-pleasing recipe! An easy no-bake dessert, it’s perfect for holidays, potlucks, and more.
What Is Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna?
Not quite your standard savory lasagna recipe, chocolate peanut butter lasagna is a dessert that gets its name from the method with which it is made. Like standard lasagna, it is created by layering different ingredients. However, unlike savory recipes, it is made with sweet ingredients like chocolate, peanut butter, and cream cheese. A no-bake recipe, it’s quick, easy, and so delicious!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
There are so many reasons to love this chocolate peanut butter lasagna that we lost count. So, we’ll just name a few! It’s:
- Loaded with rich chocolate and peanut butter flavors.
- Easy to customize with different add-ins and toppings.
- Great to prepare in advance.
- Is easy to whip up and requires no baking.
Ingredients You’ll Need
Everyone has their own variation of peanut butter lasagna. However, for our recipe, we go heavy on the chocolate and peanut butter flavors, emulating the taste of Reese’s. Here’s what you’ll need:
For the Filling:
- Cream Cheese – This forms the base of the dessert, providing structure and a tangy taste.
- Peanut Butter – We highly recommend using creamy peanut butter as crunchy varieties won’t mix well.
- Heavy Whipping Cream – This adds bulk to the filling, making it extra silky.
- Powdered Sugar – Used to sweeten the mixture. Granulated sugar will not mix as well.
- Vanilla Extract – Make sure you use pure vanilla extract to enhance the sweetness of the dessert.
- Reese’s Candy – Chop up your favorite Reese’s to add extra flavor and texture to the filling!
For the Layers:
- Graham Crackers – For this recipe, we prefer to use chocolate graham crackers.
- Hot Fudge Sauce – Feel free to use your favorite store-bought variety, or make your own with a recipe like this!
- Peanut Butter – You can never have too much peanut butter!
- Whipped Topping – Cool Whip or a similar whipped topping is used to finish off the layers.
The great thing about chocolate peanut butter lasagna is that there’s really no right or wrong way to create it! Feel free to mix and match your favorite ingredients to make it your own. For instance, some of our favorite variations include:
- Using regular graham crackers.
- Swapping out the Reese’s with KitKats, Snickers, or any other candy you prefer.
- Replacing the peanut butter with almond butter, cashew butter, or sunflower seed butter.
- Adding chocolate chips on top.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna
As mentioned, this recipe comes together by layering ingredients. As a result, it’s super easy to make!
- Create the Filling. Combine all of the ingredients except for the Reese’s candy in a large mixing bowl. Beat on low speed until combined. Then, slowly increase the speed of the mixer until soft peaks form. Use a spatula to fold in the peanut butter cups.
- Layer. Add a layer of graham crackers to a baking dish. Drizzle melted peanut butter on top followed by ½ the cream cheese mixture. Add another layer of graham crackers, and drizzle hot fudge on top. Then, add the rest of the cream cheese filling and a third layer of graham crackers. Spread the whipped topping on top.
- Refrigerate. Cover the dish, and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve. Drizzle extra hot fudge sauce, peanut butter, and Reese’s cups on top. Then, slice, and enjoy!
How to Store
If you want to prepare this chocolate peanut butter dessert in advance, feel free to keep it covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days! Any longer than that, and the graham crackers are likely to become a bit soggy.
More Chocolate Peanut Butter Recipes
Looking for more dessert recipes? Try out some of our favorites below!
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Oreo Peanut Butter Bars
- Peanut Butter Lovers’ S’mores Dip
Chocolate Peanut Butter Lasagna
For the Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 Reese’s peanut butter cups (chopped)
For the Layers:
- 18 ounces about 1 ½ boxes chocolate graham crackers
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter (slightly melted)
- 3/4 cup hot fudge sauce (slightly melted)
- 8 ounces whipped topping (thawed)
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until combined. Gradually increase the speed, beating until soft peaks form. Using a spatula, gently fold in the peanut butter cups. Set aside.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, arrange a layer of graham crackers. (See notes.) Drizzle the melted peanut butter on top followed by ½ the cheesecake filling.
- Top the dessert with a second layer of graham crackers followed by the hot fudge. Spread the remaining cheesecake filling on top.
- Add a third layer of graham crackers, and spread the whipped topping on top.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drizzle with more hot fudge sauce, peanut butter, and peanut butter cups, if desired.
- Slice, and enjoy!
- Store covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.