Refreshing, light, and savory all at the same time, this Chickpea Cucumber Feta Salad combines simple ingredients for a budget-friendly recipe that’s quick and easy to make. Serve it as a side dish or a complete meal that will leave you feeling great!
Table of Contents
Why You’ll Love This Chickpea Cucumber Feta Salad
This recipe is a new favorite of ours and with one bite you’ll understand why!
- 10 simple, budget-friendly ingredients are all you need.
- You can whip it up in just a matter of minutes.
- Loaded with vitamins, nutrients, and fiber, it’s super filling and good for you, too!
- You can serve it on its own as a side or main course, or bulk it up with your favorite protein and add-ins.
Although it’s loaded with flavor and texture, this chickpea cucumber feta salad is made with just a handful of ingredients. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Cucumber – We recommend using English cucumbers. They’re easy to find, have a sweet flavor, and are seedless, too.
- Chickpeas – Also known as garbanzo beans, we opt for canned chickpeas for an easy option that’s quick, affordable, and loaded with fiber and plant-based protein.
- Lemon Juice and Zest – These help lighten up the heaviness of the fat.
- Herbs and Spices – Parsley, fresh mint, black pepper, and kosher salt combine for a bold herbaceous taste.
- Olive Oil – This acts as the dressing for this salad recipe, adding healthy fats and a savory flavor.
- Feta Cheese – Creamy, salty, and delicious, everything tastes better with feta cheese! Goat cheese would taste great, too, if preferred.
How to Make the Best Chickpea Cucumber Feta Salad
This salad is so easy to make it almost can’t be called a recipe! Here’s what to do:
- Prepare. Dice the cucumber. Then, rinse and drain the chickpeas.
- Combine. Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl, and toss to combine.
- Serve. Serve immediately, or place your salad in the fridge to chill.
As mentioned, this recipe is great served on its own. However, you can easily bulk it up with all your favorite add-ins like chicken, steak, chopped nuts, and dried fruit. Or, serve it as a side with main courses such as:
- Chicken Shawarma
- Middle Eastern Chicken and Potatoes
- Sheet Pan Salmon with Vegetables
- Easy Baked Bruschetta Chicken
Chickpea Cucumber Feta Salad Common Questions
Add a sprinkle of salt to your cucumber before tossing it with the rest of the ingredients. This will help draw out the excess water, preventing it from becoming soggy.
This recipe is best served fresh. However, if you want to prepare it ahead of time or happen to have leftovers, it can be placed in an airtight container and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
It’s up to you! We don’t peel our cucumbers for this salad, but you definitely can!
More Easy Salad Recipes
If you like this chickpea cucumber salad recipe, you won’t want to miss out on the easy salads below!
Chickpea Cucumber Feta Salad
- 1 large English cucumber chopped
- 2 15- ounce cans chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 3 Tablespoons fresh mint chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas. Set aside.
- Chop the cucumber.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients. Toss to combine.
- Serve immediately.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.