Beef with Snow Peas
- 1-1/2 pound Flank Steak (Trimmed Of Fat And Sliced Very Thin Against The Grain)
- 1/2 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Rice Whine Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch
- 1 Tablespoon Minced Fresh Ginger
- 10 ounces Snow Peas (Ends Trimmed)
- 3 whole Scallions (sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons crushed peanuts (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch, and ginger. Pour all the liquid over the flank steak.
- Heat oil in a non stick skillet or wok. Add snow peas and stir for 45 seconds. Remove and set aside.
- Allow pan to get very hot again. With tongs, add half the meat mixture. (You want to cook in batches
- ). Spread out meat as you add it to pan, but do not stir for a good minute. (You want the meat to get as brown as possible in as short amount a time as possible.) Turn meat to the other side and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove to a clean plate.
- Repeat with other half of meat. After turning it, add the first plateful of meat, and the snow peas. Stir over high heat for 30 seconds, then turn off heat. Mixture will thicken as it sits.
- Serve immediately over rice and garnish with green onions and crushed peanuts. Sprinkle crushed red pepper over the top to give it some spice.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!