Make meal times easy with this Air Fryer Chicken Breast with Vegetables recipe! Ready in less than 30 minutes, it yields tender, flavorful chicken with ease. Serve it on its own, or pair it with your favorite sides!
Table of Contents
- Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Chicken Breast With Vegetables
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- How to make Air Fryer Chicken Breast with Vegetables
- Tips for the Best Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Serving Suggestions
- How to Store
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast Common Questions
- More Great Ways to Use Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe with Vegetables Recipe
Why You’ll Love This
Air Fryer Chicken Breast With Vegetables
There’s nothing more classic than a simple chicken dinner! It’s the perfect option for when you don’t know what to make. However, this recipe for
- It’s quick to prepare and cooks in less than 30 minutes.
- The chicken turns out juicy and flavorful every single time.
- Thanks to the air fryer, there’s minimal prep work, and cleanup is a breeze.
- You can serve it on its own for a nutritious low-carb meal. Or, pair it with all your favorite starchy sides!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chicken – Use boneless, skinless chicken breast, and slice it into 1-inch pieces.
- Veggies – Red onion, zucchini, red peppers, yellow peppers, and garlic are included for tons of color and nutrients.
- Seasonings – Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper create a bold, slightly spicy flavor for the best
air fryerchicken breast you’ll ever taste.
- Olive Oil – A great source of healthy fats, this helps the seasonings cling to the chicken while also locking in moisture to keep it tender.
How to make
Air Fryer Chicken Breast with Vegetables
You’re not going to believe how easy this
- Season. Add the chicken and vegetables to the basket of a preheated air fryer. Drizzle the oil on top followed by the garlic and seasonings. Toss to combine, making sure everything is completely coated.
- Cook. Close the basket, and cook for 23-25 minutes, flipping the ingredients over halfway through.
- Enjoy. Serve warm!
Tips for the Best
Air Fryer Chicken Breast
Follow the tips below, and you’ll never have tough or bland chicken again!
- Tenderize the Chicken. Use a meat mallet to pound the chicken breast into equal-sized pieces. This helps it tenderize and allows for even cooking.
- Don’t Overcrowd. If your
air fryeris small, you may want to cook your chicken and vegetables in batches. Make sure everything is arranged in a single layer to ensure it cooks evenly and all the way through.
- Use a Meat Thermometer. Use a meat thermometer to make sure your chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165° Fahrenheit before serving.
- Rest the chicken. Once it is fully cooked, let the chicken rest for 5 minutes or so on a plate. This allows the juices to redistribute, keeping the chicken tender.
Honestly, there’s not much this
Air FryerPotato Nuggets
Air FryerPotato Wedges
- Focaccia with Tomatoes
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
How to Store
- Refrigerator: Once cooked and fully cooled, store your
air fryerchicken breast and vegetables in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Freezer: Store leftovers in a sealable bag or airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- To Reheat: Let leftovers thaw in the fridge overnight. Then, warm them in the
air fryerat 350° F. Or, place them in the oven or microwave instead, and add a splash of water to the chicken to keep it moist.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast Common Questions
Yes! As long as you cook it all the way through, it is perfectly safe to place raw chicken in an
The amount of time needed to cook
Sure! Just note that chicken thighs typically take a bit longer to cook. So, adjust the
Thawed chicken works best for this recipe, but frozen breasts can be used. You can’t pound them out, meaning they won’t cook as evenly or have as much flavor. They’ll still be tasty, though! In addition, you’ll need to add roughly 5 extra minutes of cooking time.
You can brine the chicken if you want, but we don’t find it necessary with this recipe!
More Great Ways to Use Chicken
Looking for more family-friendly chicken recipes? Try out more of our favorites below!
- Middle Eastern Chicken and Potatoes
- Za’atar Chicken with Vegetables
- Black Pepper Chicken
- Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs and Veggies
Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe with Vegetables
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 red onion cubed
- 1 large zucchini chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Preheat the air fryer to 380° Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the chicken and vegetables in a single layer in the basket.
- Drizzle the olive oil on top. Add the garlic and seasonings, and toss to combine, making sure the chicken and vegetables are completely coated.
- Air fry for 23-25 minutes, flipping the chicken and vegetables over halfway through.
- Serve warm over rice or cauliflower rice.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.