We are obsessed with making feta dip. It is salty, with a touch of sweetness and oh so creamy! Top it with roasted olives for a show stopping appetizer!
How to Make Whipped Feta
If you haven’t tried making whipped feta yet, it’s time. Like really time! It’s the easiest thing to put together and looks and tasted divine! We first tried making Whipped Feta with Roasted Tomatoes and Chickpeas and we were mind blown! It was love at first bite, so that is why we had to try making this again, but different toppings!
In the bowl of the food processor, add feta cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, garlic, honey, lemon juice, salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, and a splash of water.
Pulse then process for 1 minute or until the mixture is nice and smooth.
Spread onto a platter. The mixture will be so creamy!
How to Make Roasted Olives
Roasting olives is so simple. In a baking dish, add a combination of kalamata olives and green olives. If you have a favorite olive preference, feel free to use whatever you like! Add shallots, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 400 degrees F. Set aside to slightly cool.
How to assemble
After you are done platting the whipped feta, top it with the roasted olives. You want to make sure that the olive have slighty cooled before you assemble.
What to serve this with
This dip is great with pita chips, warm pita bread, or naan. Spoon it over crostini for as a party appetizer. Moreover, if you are looking for a gluten-free option, feel free to use your favorite gluten-free bread! Don’t forget that cut up vegetables make a great option for dipping, it is healthy, gluten-free, and gives a nice fiber boost!
How to store leftover feta dip
Store this leftover dip in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Whipped Feta Dip With Olives
- 6 oz pitted green olives
- 6 oz pitted kalamata olives
- 3 sliced shallots
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz feta cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp water or milk
- 8 oz block cream cheese
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- extra virgin olive oil for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. In a baking dish add both olives, olive oil, shallots, thyme, oregano, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Set aside to slightly cool.
- Whipped Feta Dip In the food processor add all your ingredients. Pulse until smooth. Spread the dip on a plate.
- Top with roasted olives. Garnish with an extra drizzle of and extra virgin olive oil!
How to make ahead?
- Make the cheese dip and refrigerate.
- Roast the olives are directed, let cool, then refrigerate.
- Once you are ready to serve. Let the dip come to room temperature. Spread on a plate and top with the roasted olives. Garnish with olive oil.