Show your loved ones just how much they mean to you when you make this Valentine’s Charcuterie Board! Quick and easy, it’s packed with festive sweets and treats to celebrate the holiday. Kid-friendly and ready in minutes, it’s perfect for date nights, parties, and more!
Valentine’s Charcuterie Board
Love is in the air, and this Valentine’s charcuterie board is the perfect way to celebrate! Typically, charcuterie boards lean more toward the savory featuring items like cheese, olives, and meat. However, this time we decided to switch things up, making a dessert-inspired board instead! After all, nothing quite says it’s the season of love like a heart-shaped cookie or chocolate-dipped strawberry!
Why You’ll Love This Valentine’s Day Board
- Fun – This dessert board is fun to put together and even more enjoyable to eat!
- Customizable – You can easily mix and match all your favorite sweet treats to make this board your own.
- Kid-Friendly & Perfect for Crowds – Your kids will love this board, and it’s great for hosting and feeding a crowd!
What You’ll Need
Of course, you’ll need a board to place your items on. However, we made this Valentine’s charcuterie board a little extra with decorations, too. Here’s everything you’ll need to put it all together:
To make this Valentine’s charcuterie board super easy, we stuck with store-bought treats. However, if you’ve got the time, you can also add some homemade desserts! Some of our favorites include:
- S’mores Graham Cracker Toffee Bars
- Cookies and Creme Rice Krispies Treats
- Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Covered Pretzels
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
How to Make an Easy Valentine’s Charcuterie Board
The key to creating an Instagram-worthy charcuterie board is in the order of how you arrange the items. Follow our tips below, and your board will look like it came straight out of a magazine!
- Arrange the Large Items. Start by placing the large decorations and a few small bowls of the charcuterie board.
- Add the Food. Next place the largest food items like cookies and big marshmallows close to the decorations and bowls, arranging them in clustered patterns
- Fill In the Gaps. Use the smaller candies, marshmallows, etc. to fill in any remaining gaps, and your board is done!
Tips and Tricks
Charcuterie boards come in all different shapes and sizes, and part of their beauty is in the fact that there’s no right or wrong way to put them together! However, we do have a few tips to make sure your Valentine’s charcuterie board turns out beautiful and delicious:
- Use Different Shapes, Colors, and Textures. Make sure to use a variety of ingredients, and arrange them sporadically on the board. For instance, don’t put all pink items next to each other. Mix them up to make your board extra appealing!
- Use the Right-Sized Board. Be careful not to overfill your board with ingredients. You want it to be full but not so stuffed that items are falling off and you can’t see everything it holds. On the other hand, you also don’t want your board to be so large that there are lots of gaps!
- Balance Flavors. While this board in particular is heavy on the sweet side, it never hurts to mix in savory and salty items like chocolate-covered nuts and pretzels to help balance out the flavor of the treats.
Valentine’s Charcuterie Board Common Questions
You can sometimes find heart-shaped charcuterie boards in stores! Or, simply arrange your ingredients in a heart shape.
Yes! Arrange your items on the board, wrap them tightly with saran wrap, and keep it stored at room temperature or for 1-2 days until you’re ready to serve.
Feel free to include anything you want! Mix it up with savory items like cheese, salami, fresh fruit, nuts, crackers, pretzels, olives, and more.
More Valentine’s Day Dessert Recipes
Looking for more treats to celebrate the holiday? Take a look at some of our favorite homemade desserts below!