Inspired by popular crack candy, these s’mores toffee bars are made with just 5 ingredients and ready in minutes. Perfect for the holiday season, they’re the perfect combination of sweet flavor and satisfying crunch in every bite. Serve them for holiday parties, give them as gifts, and more!
What Is Graham Cracker Toffee?
Graham cracker toffee is one of our favorite holiday treats! Don’t get us wrong, we love to join in with the holiday baking craze whipping up tons of baked goods like bread pudding, oreo brookie bars, chewy chocolate chip cookies, and more. However, nothing beats graham cracker toffee. Made with minimal ingredients and super simple to make, it’s sweet, crunchy, and unbelievably delicious!
If you’ve never had it, it’s essentially a holiday version of the popular crack candy. Think of it as a Christmas crack recipe. However, instead of using saltine crackers for a sweet and savory combo, it features a sweet graham cracker crust. Then, a caramel toffee mixture is layered on top followed by melted chocolate. To finish, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham cracker crumbs are sprinkled on top!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Apart from the fact that it’s insanely delicious, there are endless reasons to love s’mores graham cracker toffee! For example, it’s perfect for the holiday season and:
- Made with just 5 key ingredients
- Ready in minutes
- Fun to decorate
- Great for holiday parties, cookie plates, cookie exchanges, movie nights, and more!
Simple Ingredients You’ll Need
Just like the original recipe, the ingredients needed for these graham cracker toffee bars are minimal and budget-friendly. Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Butter – We like Danish Creamery sea salted butter best, but any salted butter you hand on hand can be used.
Brown Sugar – We recommend choosing light brown sugar.
- Vanilla Extract – For the best results, use pure vanilla extract and not imitation varieties. We promise you can taste the difference!
- Graham Crackers – Regular graham cracker sheets form the base of these toffee bars. If needed, look for gluten-free graham crackers. Or, swap them out with any other similar sweet gluten-free square crackers. Or, create Ritz cracker toffee by using layers of buttery Ritz crackers instead.
- Chocolate Chips – Semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips are melted to create a rich chocolate layer on top of the toffee.
- Toppings – To create the s’mores flavor, we sprinkle mini marshmallows, extra chocolate chips, and graham cracker crumbs on top!
Although this graham cracker toffee recipe is s’mores inspires you can easily mix and match your own toppings to make it your own. Some of our favorite options include:
- Toffee Bits
- Pretzel Pieces
- White Chocolate Chips
- Candy Cane Pieces
- Chopped Nuts
- Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
How to Make Easy S’mores Graham Cracker Toffee Bars
The perfect treat, these graham cracker toffee bars couldn’t be easier to make!
- Prepare. To begin, preheat your oven, and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or
parchment paper. Then, arrange the graham crackers in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Create the toffee layer. Melt the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring to combine. Once melted, bring the mixture to a boil for 2-3 minutes or until it is thick, stirring constantly. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Layer. Pour the toffee mixture over the graham crackers on the baking sheet, and use a rubber spatula to spread it out in an even layer.
- Bake. Place the baking sheet in the oven until the topping is brown and bubbly.
- Add the chocolate. Once removed from the oven, sprinkle chocolate chips on top of the toffee, and use the same rubber spatula to spread it out. Sprinkle your toppings over the melted chocolate.
- Cool. Transfer the baking sheet to the fridge to cool for 1-2 hours or until the chocolate and toffee have set and hardened. Do not put your graham cracker toffee in the freezer! The ingredients will separate if you do.
- Enjoy! Once set, break the graham crackers into pieces, and serve!
How to Store
Pure crunchy, toffee perfection, these graham cracker toffee bars disappear almost immediately. However, if you can get them to last or are whipping up multiple batches to give away as gifts, they can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months!
More Easy Holiday Treats
Looking for more easy desserts for the holiday season? Try out these crowd-pleasing recipes!
- Slow Cooker Candy
- Hazelnut Chocolate Crock Pot Candy
- Slow Cooker Puppy Chow
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Covered Pretzels
S’mores Graham Cracker Toffee Bars
- 2 sticks Salted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 sleeves graham crackers plus more crushed for topping
- 10 ounces semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit, and line a 13×18 baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange the graham crackers on top in a single layer.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and brown sugar over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a rolling boil, and boil for 2-3 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Add the vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
- Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the graham crackers, and use a rubber spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce is brown and bubbly.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, and sprinkle the chocolate on top. Let it sit for 5 minutes or until melted, and use the spatula to spread it over the crackers in an even layer. Sprinkle the marshmallows and crushed graham crackers on top.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the fridge to cool for 1-2 hours or until the chocolate has hardened. NOTE: Do not put the candy in the freezer as the ingredients will separate.
- Break the candy into pieces, and enjoy!
- Storage: Leftover graham cracker toffee bars will stay fresh in an airtight container or sealable bag in the fridge for up to 1 week or freezer for up to 3 months.