These Oreo Brookie Bars transform standard brookies into a decadent cookie-loaded treat that will have you coming back for seconds and thirds. Made with rich brownie batter, crisp chocolate chip cookie dough, and sweet Oreo cookies, they’re a dessert dream come true!
Table of Contents
If you know us, you know we love cookie recipes! In fact, we’re fans of pretty much all desserts. From Kahk Cookies, to Chocolate Zucchini Cake, Chocolate Covered Dates, and everything in between we can never say no. That’s why we love these Brookie Bars so much.
We never have to choose! With three recipes crammed into one, they’re rich, indulgent, and guaranteed to satisfy all your cravings. It doesn’t get better than that!
What Are Brookie Bars?
A popular dessert, standard brookie bars are blondie-like bars that combine chocolate brownie batter and chocolate chip cookie dough. Usually, they’re made with a brownie base that has cookie dough sprinkled on top. Then, they’re baked until fluffy and soft. The end result is a dessert that is soft and gooey like brownies, firm and crisp like cookies, and pure deliciousness in every bite.
Why You’ll Love These Oreo Brookie Bars
- They feature 3 treats in one easy recipe.
- They bake in just over 35 minutes.
- One batch makes enough to feed a crowd.
- Sweet and satisfying, they’re great for holiday parties, family gatherings, and bake sales, too!
What You’ll Need
You know the name of the game around here is easy, and these Oreo Brookie Bars definitely fit the bill! We used a few shortcuts to make the ingredient list super short and sweet, In fact, just 3 ingredients are all you’ll need.
- Brownie Mix – Using pre-made boxed brownie mix is the simplest way to make this recipe super quick. Just prepare it according to the package instructions, and it’s ready to go.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough – If we have the time, we love to use our go-to chocolate chip cookie dough. In fact, we usually have a batch on hand in the fridge or freezer for instances like this. For that, you’ll need all-purpose flour, baking soda, kosher salt, unsalted butter, light brown sugar, organic cane sugar, vanilla extract, 1 egg, 1 egg yolk, semi-sweet chocolate chips, and dark chocolate chunks. Or, you can easily use your favorite store-bought cookie dough instead.
- Oreo Cookies – Pick your favorite, and crush them up!
How to Make the Best Brookie Bars with Oreos
If you’ve ever made brownies or blondies, you can easily make Oreo Brookie Bars, too! Here’s what to do:
- Prepare the Brownie Layer. Prepare the brownie mix according to the package directions. Pour it into a baking dish that has been lined with foil and grasped.
- Make the Cookie Dough. Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl. Then, use a hand mixer or stand mixer to cream the butter in a separate bowl. Once smooth, add the brown and white sugar, and continue to cream until smooth.
Add the vanilla and eggs to the bowl of butter, and continue to beat. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the bowl of wet ingredients, mixing just until smooth. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Layer the Ingredients. Crumble the Oreos, and sprinkle them over the brownie batter. Next, crumble the cookie dough into pieces, scattering it evenly over the baking dish.
- Bake. Place the brookie bars in the oven just until the cookie dough is golden and the brownie batter has set.
- Serve. Set the bars aside to cool. Then, slice, and serve!
Tips, Tricks, and Variations
- Overline the Baking Pan. For easy removal, line your baking pan with
parchment paper, letting it fall over both ends. Then, all you have to do is lift the paper up and pull out your bars!
- Use Different Cookie Dough. Classic brookie bars are made with chocolate chip cookie dough as we use in this recipe. But feel free to mix and match different flavors too! For instance, peanut butter cookie dough, monster cookie dough, and white chocolate macadamia nut cookie dough would all make fun alternatives.
- Add Mix-Ins. Oreos are one of our favorite treats, and we take the opportunity to mix them into everything we can. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t swap them out or add even more! For instance, extra chocolate chips, chopped nuts, marshmallows, or sprinkles all make great additions to your Brookie Bars.
- Opt for Different Oreos. We stuck with classic Oreos for this recipe, but there are endless flavor options to choose from! Mix and match your favorites, and test them all!
- Let Them Cool. It’s tempting to eat your Oreo Brookie Bars straight from the oven, but it’s worth it to let them cool. This helps them set so they don’t crumble and fall apart.
Baking should be a smooth process; now, it could really be one. These pre-cut, no-curl parchment paper sheets are there to support your cookies, cakes, breads etc in their baking process. They can withstand up to 450° of heat without curling! Natural, unbleached baking paper for ovens- these sheets are nature’s best.
Common Questions About Oreo Brookie Bars
You’ll know your dessert is done when the cookie dough begins to turn golden and a toothpick or wooden skewer can be inserted into the brownie portion and comes out clean.
This recipe tends to disappear pretty fast. However, stored in an airtight container, they will stay fresh at room temperature for 3-5 days or in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks. To extend their shelf life even further, you can also store them in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. To eat, let them thaw in the fridge overnight, and set them out to come to room temperature before serving.
Sure! To warm up your Brookie Bars, place them in the microwave for a few seconds or until they’re heated through. We highly recommend adding a scoop of cold vanilla ice cream, too.
Absolutely! If you have the time and ingredients, feel free to swap out the boxed mix with your favorite brownie recipe instead.
More Brookie Recipes
Looking for more variations on this dessert recipe? Try out more of our Brookie-inspired desserts below!
Oreo Brookie Bars Recipe
- 1 family-sized brownie mix box*
- 1 batch pre-made cookie dough
- 2 cups Oreo cookies chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line a 13×9 baking dish with parchment paper, letting some hang over both edges. Grease it with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the package instructions.
- Pour the brownie batter into the baking dish, spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the Oreo pieces over the batter.
- Crumble the cookie dough evenly on top, covering the batter completely.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until the cookie dough is golden and a toothpick can be inserted into the brownie batter and comes out clean.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, and set aside to cool completely.
- Slice the mixture into bars, and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days or in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.