Summer Berry Trifle
- 1 5.9 oz package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups whole milk (or milk of choice, cold)
- 12 oz whipped topping (thawed)
- 2 loaves of pound cake (cut in 1-inch squares)
- 16 oz strawberries (slices)
- 16 oz blueberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar (divided)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In two separate bowls add the strawberries and the blueberries in the other bowl. Add one tablespoon sugar in each, a squeeze of lemon juice, and stir. Let stand for 30 minutes until they begin to release their natural juice.
- In a large mixing bowl beat pudding mix, and milk. Let stand for 5 minutes until it thickens. Add whipped topping and beat together until incorporated.
- Assembly: Start with 1/3rd of the pound cake on the bottom of a trifle bowl. Add 1/3 of the macerated strawberries and blueberries. Add 1/3rd of the pudding mixture. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, best if served the next day.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!