Even better than takeout, this Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs recipe is tender, juicy, and full of sweet and savory flavors. Paired with lo mein noodles, it’s a simple make-ahead meal that couldn’t be easier to create!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Once in a while, we love to treat ourselves to an order of takeout. However, more often than not, we find simple ways to recreate our favorite meals at home like this honey garlic chicken! Here are just a few reasons why we can never get enough:
- Just as flavorful as your favorite restaurant and so easy to make on your own
- Sweet, savory, tangy, and unbelievably delicious
- Combined and cooked in the slow cooker with minimal prep work
- A complete meal on its own, and perfect for feeding a crowd
Ingredients You’ll Need
Simple, Asian staples are used to create a complex flavor for an ultra-delicious honey garlic chicken thighs recipe. Here’s what you’ll need.
- Soy Paste – Used to form the base of the sauce.
- Soy Sauce – We recommend using low-sodium varieties to be able to control the amount of salt in the dish.
- Honey – Just a dash helps sweeten the sauce, and allows it to cling to the chicken and noodles.
- Sriracha – Add as little or as much as you’d like to satisfy your taste.
- Chicken – For the best results, we recommend using boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Oyster Sauce – A thick, syrup-like sauce common in Asian cuisine.
- Sesame Oil – Adds a slightly nutty taste.
- Ginger – Contributes a refreshing, tangy flavor that levels out the rest of the flavors in the dish.
- Garlic – We use 6 cloves!
- Rice Wine Vinegar – The acidity helps allow the sweet flavors to come through without overpowering the recipe.
- Cornstarch and Water – Combined and mixed with the rest of the ingredients to help thicken the sauce.
- Lo mein rice noodles – These are added at the very end of cooking to transform this honey garlic chicken into a complete meal!
How to Make Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
This honey garlic chicken is one of the easiest recipes you’ll ever make!
- Combine the Ingredients. Add the chicken thighs to the slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients except for the noodles and cornstarch. In a separate small bowl, whisk the cornstarch and water together until smooth. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cook. Cover, and cook on high until the chicken is cooked.
- Shred. Use two forks to shred the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Add the Noodles. Stir in the cooked noodles, mixing until everything is tossed with the sauce. Garnish, and serve warm!
Honey Garlic Chicken Common Questions
Chicken thighs work best as they have a bolder flavor and juicier consistency. However, if preferred, breasts can be used in their place.
Yes, once cooked and cooled, leftovers can be transferred to an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Or, freeze them for up to 1 month.
Sure, feel free to use chow mein noodles, rice noodles, ramen, or vermicelli noodles instead!
Keep food fresh, storage your food individually, make your life much more convenient and enjoy home-cooked meal anytime and anywhere.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
Looking for more simple chicken recipes? Don’t miss out on more of our family favorites below!
- Crock Pot Chicken Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Peri Peri Chicken Drumsticks
- Pizza Baked Chicken
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- 2 pounds about 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless
- 1/3 cup soy paste
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4 Tablespoons sriracha or to taste
- 1 Tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons ginger
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch + 1/4 cup water
- 16 ounces lo mein noodles (cooked according to package instructions)
- Optional: sesame seeds and scallions for garnish
- In the slow cooker, add the chicken thighs, add the remaining ingredients except for the noodles and cornstarch.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the cornstarch and water together until smooth. Pour the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on high for 3 hours.
- While the chicken cooks, prepare the noodles according to the package instructions. Set aside.
- Shred the chicken, and mix to combine the ingredients.
- Stir in the noodles, and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle garnishes on top, if desired. Serve warm.
- Store in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Delicious meal, and a keeper recipe. I used 3lbs of thighs and used 4 pkgs of ramen noodles instead. Just enough left over for one more meal.
So glad this was a hit! It’s always makes it even better when there is enough left for leftovers! xo, Alia & Radwa
Looks delicious! Is there a good substitute for oyster sauce? Will it affect the recipe too much if I leave it out? My son has a seafood allergy.
You can definitely omit all together!
I also have a seafood allergy and I substituted with hoisin sauce. It was delicious! A big hit with the whole family – I will definitely make this again!
This was seriously sooo good! It had the best flavor and was super easy to throw together for dinner!!
Amazing! We are so glad to hear that this was an easy dinner! <3 xo, Alia and Radwa
Is the ginger to be fresh or powdered?