A longtime family favorite, this One Pot Pizza Pasta Recipe features all the cheesy goodness of pizza combined with the comfort of a one pot pasta dish! Top it with all your favorite pizza toppings for a fun dinner everyone will love.
Do Pizza and Pasta Go Together?
We think so! Of course, you could serve a slice of pizza alongside your favorite pasta dish for a fun carb-loaded dinner that’s guaranteed to please. However, we figured out a better solution to satisfy all your cravings! You see, we combined the two dishes into one absolutely amazing pizza pasta recipe that just can’t be beat. It’s:
- Made in one pot.
- Loaded with gooey, melted cheese.
- Quick to make.
Customizable with all your favorite mix-ins and toppings.
- A great way to make dinner time fun!
What Is Pizza Pasta?
The best of both worlds, pizza pasta is just as it sounds! So, let’s break it down. We’ll start with a base of your favorite pasta noodles. Then, we’ll layer it with all the classic pizza toppings and spices and a good dose of melty cheese for the ultimate comfort food recipe!
Ingredients You’ll Need
In our opinions, the simplest recipes are always the best, and this one fits the bill! Feel free to customize it and make it your own. However, to get you started, here’s what you’ll need:
- Pasta – Any shape you like best is totally fine. Feel free to experiment with different shapes and sizes to find what you like best.
- Veggies – A combination of onions, green bell peppers, and mushrooms add a great source of vitamins, nutrients, and fiber while also contributing to the incredible pizza taste.
- Black Olives – We love the salty, savory flavor these create. However, feel free to omit them, if you prefer.
- Seasonings – Fresh garlic, fresh basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper are all you’ll need!
- Marinara Sauce – Use a high-quality store-bought option. Or, make your own with a recipe like this!
- Broth – This is used to cook the pasta and add a little extra hearty flavor. Both chicken and vegetable broth work great, but we highly recommended using a low-sodium option so you can more easily control the flavorings of the dish.
- Cheese – A combination of Mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses combine for a gooey texture.
How to Make The Best Pizza Pasta Recipe
Just like the rest of our one pot pasta recipes, this pizza pasta couldn’t be easier to make! Just follow the steps below, and you’ll have dinner on the table in less than 20 minutes. Just follow the steps below!
- In a large pot, add all of the ingredients except for the cheese.
- Stir until well combined.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until the noodles and veggies are soft.
- Then, top it off with both cheeses and all your favorite pizza toppings.
- Broil the pasta in the oven until the cheese is golden brown on top and bubbly.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
Storage and Freezing
If you want to make this pizza pasta recipe ahead of time, store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
It can also be frozen, too! Just be sure not to bake it as the cheese won’t thaw well. Instead, combine all of the ingredients except for the toppings. Then, store the dish in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Then, when you’re ready to eat, add it all to your pot, and cook from frozen! Just note that the cooking time will take slightly longer as the ingredients thaw.
Can I Use Pizza Sauce Instead of Marinara?
Yes! However, if you want to make the swap, we suggest diluting the pizza sauce with water as it has a much stronger taste than marinara.
More Pizza-Inspired Recipes You’ll Love
Who doesn’t love pizza recipes? Enjoy it even more ways with these fantastic recipes!
- A no-fuss single-serving dinner option, this Pizza in a Mug is shockingly delicious and so simple to make.
- This Low Carb Pizza Chicken Recipe has all the flavor of pepperoni pizza you love wrapped up in a budget-friendly low-carb dinner you can feel good about eating.
- This Pizza Dip with Cheese Crostini is the best crowd-pleasing appetizer recipe!
- Even better than takeout, this Whipped Feta Pizza comes together quickly for a tasty dinner the whole family will love.
One Pot Pizza Pasta Recipe
- 16 ounces medium sized pasta uncooked
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 15 ounces marinara sauce
- 16 ounces chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup green bell peppers
- 1/3 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup black olives sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper more or less to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- Optional Toppings: green pepper, onions, mushrooms, black olives, pepperoni
- In a large, deep dutch oven add the uncooked pasta, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, black olives, italian seasoning, basil, broth, marinara sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir until everything is combined. Cover, and cook on medium heat for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the lid, and top with mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, and your favorite pizza toppings, such as pepperoni, black olives, peppers, and onions.
- Broil in the oven just on high for a couple minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble. Keep your eye on it, so it does not burn!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.