One pot meals are the best. This one pot orzo pasta is a great weeknight dinner. It’s ready in less than 15 minutes and only takes 10 minutes to put together.
For a non-dairy recipe- keep out the feta cheese and substitute the heavy cream for a splash of your favorite non-dairy milk.
How to make this recipe:
In a large pot or dutch oven add uncooked orzo, olives, red onion, diced tomatoes, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper and broth. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium low and cook for 12-14 minutes.
One Pot Mediterranean Orzo Pasta
- 16 oz orzo pasta uncooked
- 3 cups chicken broth or choice of broth
- 1 cup kalamata olives sliced
- 1 red onion chopped
- 14 oz canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp kosher salt more or less to taste
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 3/4 cup italian parsley chopped
- In a large pot or dutch oven add uncooked orzo, olives, red onion, lemon juice, olive oil, diced tomatoes, oregano, garlic, salt, pepper and broth. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium low and cook for 12-14 minutes.
- As soon as the pasta is cooked add cream, cheeses, and parsley. Stir until combined. Serve immediately.
The pot we use is a 4-qt dutch oven . You can use any enameled or heavy bottom pot.
For an extra flavor booster – If you have extra time, sautè the onions and garlic before adding the remaining ingredients.