No-bake monster cookie energy balls feature all the sweet, nutty flavor of classic monster cookies with a fraction of the work! Just combine the ingredients, chill, and enjoy!
Table of Contents
The Best No-Bake Monster Cookie Energy Balls
That’s where these no-bake monster cookie dough balls come in to save the day! Made without flour or baking, they come together with minimal prep time and a total time of less than an hour.
You get all the delicious chocolate peanut butter flavor you love in the convenience of a bite-sized ball. Keep them on hand for whenever a craving strikes!
Ingredients You Need
Below are the ingredients for this recipe. Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card below for the complete details and instructions!
- Rolled Oats – Don’t substitute quick oats or steel-cut oats! The texture will not be the same. If needed, use certified gluten-free oats to keep these cookie dough balls gluten-free.
- Peanuts – These are used to form the base of the “dough” and help enhance the nutty taste. Opt for lightly salted peanuts for the best taste. Feel free to substitute with any other nut or seed. Just keep in mind that the flavor of your bites will change.
- Peanut Butter – Make sure you use creamy peanut butter, not chunky! If needed, you can substitute any other nut or seed butter you like best.
- Honey – Adds a hint of sweetness without the need for extra refined sugar. Maple syrup will also work.
- Vanilla Extract – Enhances the flavor of the rest of the ingredients.
- Coconut Oil – This helps create a creamy peanut butter mixture for a smooth dough.
- Salt – Just a pinch goes a long way!
- Mix-Ins – Mini chocolate chips, mini M&Ms, and rolled oats are mixed in to replicate the taste and texture of traditional monster cookie cookies, infusing every bite with flavor.
Important Note: Do not use natural peanut butter! The natural oil will separate and cause the balls to fall apart and crumble! Brands like Jif or Skippy are best!
How to Make Cookie Dough You Can Actually Eat!
- Blend. Add the oats and peanut butter to a blender, and pulse until smooth. The mixture should resemble flour.
- Melt. Combine the peanut butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and salt in a small bowl. Melt the mixture in the microwave, stirring frequently. Whisk to combine.
- Create a “dough”. Combine the oat mixture and honey mixture in a food processor or large bowl until the ingredients and well combined and create a dough. Fold in the chocolate chips, M&Ms, and oats.
- Shape. Form the dough into equal-sized balls. Arrange them on a baking sheet, and chill them in the fridge until they harden and set. Enjoy!
Tip: Use a cookie dough scoop to create equal-sized balls and keep your hands clean!
How to Store
Store leftover energy balls in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Freeze your monster cookie dough energy balls for up to two months. To do so, arrange them on a baking sheet, and transfer them to the freezer until solid. Then, store them in an airtight container or sealable bag. Enjoy frozen, or thaw in the fridge overnight or at room temperature.
Can I Bake These Cookie Dough Balls?
More No-Bake Recipes
- No-Bake Monster Cookie Bars
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Cups
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
No-Bake Monster Cookie Energy Balls
- In a blender, blend oats and peanuts until ground, it should resemble flour.1 cup rolled oats, 1/2 cup lightly salted peanuts
- Transfer to food processor. (Skip this to mix by hand, we like that the food processor gets it nice and smooth.)
- In a microwave-safe bowl add peanut butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and salt. Microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until melted. whisk together,1/2 cup melted creamy peanut butter, 3 Tablespoons honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pour the pb-honey mixture in the food processor and process until it comes together and resembles a “dough”.1/4 cup mini mms, 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips, 2 Tablespoons quick oats
- Add chocolate chips, mms, 2 tbsp oats and mix well.
- Form into 1 inch balls using a small ice cream scoop. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.