Make these easy no-bake chocolate chip Cookie Dough Bars with simple, vegan-friendly ingredients and minimal prep time! Topped with a chocolate peanut butter layer and studded with sweet chocolate chips, they’ll become your new go-to dessert.
Table of Contents
- No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- How to Craft Cookie Dough Bars – Go Ahead and Lick the Spoon!
- Flavor Variations to Satisfy All Your Cravings
- How to Store and Freeze
- Common Questions About These No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
- More No-Bake Desserts
- No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars (Vegan) Recipe
No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
Are you guilty of eating cookie dough? We definitely are!
Especially when it comes to our homemade chocolate chip cookies. They’re just so good!
So, we decided to create cookie dough bars that are full of the same chocolatey flavor but are totally safe to eat. We even took them one step further and added a peanut butter chocolate topping.
They’re like a peanut butter cup meets chocolate chip cookie. Can you say YUM?
Plus, they require minimal prep time, no cook time, make enough to feed a crowd, and store well. So, what are you waiting for? Let’s get in the kitchen!
Ingredients You’ll Need
Cookie Dough Bars
- Peanut Butter – Creamy butter works best. Avoid natural peanut butter options as they tend to separate and can cause your bars to become soggy.
- Coconut Oil – This helps combine the ingredients.
- Maple Syrup – Adds a touch of sweetness without the need for extra refined sugar. If you’re not following a vegan diet, feel free to use honey instead if preferred.
- Vanilla Extract – This adds extra depth and enhances the sweet flavor.
- Sea Salt – Just a pinch brings out the taste of the rest of the ingredients.
- Almond Flour – This forms the base of the dough and adds healthy fats and fiber!
- Mini Chocolate Chips – Use dark chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips. Opt for vegan varieties if following a vegan diet.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Topping
- Chocolate Chips – Use the same chocolate chips you include in the bars.
- Peanut Butter – Again, avoid natural varieties as they won’t create a smooth, cohesive topping.
How to Craft Cookie Dough Bars – Go Ahead and Lick the Spoon!
Prepare the Cookie Dough Bars
- Combine the wet ingredients. Add the peanut butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt to a large mixing bowl. Stir until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients. Gradually add the almond flour to the bowl of wet ingredients, mixing until a smooth dough forms. You may need to use your hands! Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Press the dough. Using your hands, press the cookie dough into a square baking dish lined with
- Freeze. Transfer the baking dish to the freezer until the cookie dough is solid.
Make the Topping
- Melt the ingredients. Melt the chocolate and peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl or a double broiler, stirring until smooth. Then, set the mixture aside to cool slightly.
Layer the Bars
- Pour. Pour the melted topping over the solid bars in the baking dish. Use a spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Chill. Return the baking dish to the freezer to set.
- Slice. Use the edges of the
parchment paperto lift the bars from the baking dish. Then, place the slab on a cutting board, and use a sharp knife to slice it into bars or squares.
Flavor Variations to Satisfy All Your Cravings
- Mix-Ins – Feel free to omit or add to the chocolate chips with fun mix-ins like Heath bar bites, M&Ms, Reese’s Pieces, chopped peanut butter cups, chopped nuts, or coconut flakes.
- Salted – Add a sprinkle of salt to the chocolate topping before it solidifies for a salted chocolate taste.
- Oats – Fold in two cups of quick oats and ¼ to ½ cup flour to replicate the taste and texture of oatmeal cookies.
- Festive – Mix and match holiday ingredients like colored M&Ms and festive sprinkles to make these bars suitable for all your favorite holidays.
How to Store and Freeze
Store leftover cookie dough bars in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. Allow them to come to room temperature for a softer, chewier texture before serving.
Freeze leftover bars for up to two to three months. When you’re ready to eat, thaw them in the fridge overnight, and allow them to come to room temperature.
Note: Place a sheet of
Common Questions About These No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars
No, because we’re using almond flour instead of all-purpose flour you don’t need to heat treat it!
Unless it is deemed edible cookie dough, you cannot eat raw cookie dough as it contains, untreated flour, eggs, and dairy that can carry harmful bacteria. This recipe is completely safe to eat raw!
Yes, just make sure it’s labeled as “edible cookie dough.”
More No-Bake Desserts
- No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars
- No-Bake Monster Cookie Bars
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Oat Cups
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Balls
No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars (Vegan)
For the Vegan Brookies:
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/4 cups almond flour
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping:
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
For the Vegan Brookies:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the creamy peanut butter, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Stir until the mixture is well combined.1/2 cup creamy peanut butter, 1/4 cup melted coconut oil, 1/4 cup maple syrup, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Gradually add the almond flour to the wet ingredients, mixing until a dough forms. Use two hands to incorporate the almond flour, if needed.2 1/4 cups almond flour
- Once the dough is well mixed, fold in the mini chocolate chips.1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a square baking dish (8×8 inches) with parchment paper, leaving some overhang on the sides for easy removal later.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the lined baking dish. Use fingers or a spatula to smooth it out.
- Place the baking dish in the freezer, and let it set for at least 30 minutes to firm up.
For the Chocolate Peanut Butter Topping:
- In a microwave-safe bowl or using a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate chips and peanut butter together until smooth. Do this in 20 to 30-second increments in the microwave, stirring between each increment. Or, melt it over low heat in a double boiler on the stovetop.1 cup dark chocolate chips, 1/4 cup peanut butter
- Once the chocolate and peanut butter are melted and combined, remove them from the heat, and let them cool slightly.
- Remove the baking dish with the firm cookie dough layer from the freezer.
- Pour the melted chocolate peanut butter topping over the almond mixture into the baking dish. Use a spatula to spread it evenly.
- Return the baking dish to the refrigerator, and let it set for at least 1-2 hours or until the topping is firm.
- Once the cookie dough bars are fully set, use the parchment paper overhang to lift them out of the dish. Place them on a cutting board, and cut them into squares or bars.
- Serve, and enjoy the vegan cookie dough bars with a delicious chocolate peanut butter topping!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.