Creamy, sweet strawberry cheesecake? And did we mention it’s a no-bake recipe? Yes, please! Everything you could ever want in a dessert, these easy Strawberry Cheesecake Squares are going to knock your socks off! Serve them as is, or mix and match your favorite toppings for a customized dessert.
Why You’ll Love These No-Bake Cheesecake Squares
An easier version of classic cheesecake, these cheesecake squares are made with a sweet cookie crust topped with a thick, smooth layer of strawberry cream cheese for a summertime sweet that will have you drooling! As if that wasn’t good enough, these cheesecake squares are also:
- A super easy no-bake recipe.
- Made with a food processor for minimal prep and easy cleanup.
- Created with simple, budget-friendly ingredients.
- Great to make in bulk and perfect for feeding a crowd.
What You’ll Need
Just a handful of ingredients are all you need to make your dessert dreams come true with these strawberry cheesecake squares! Here’s everything you need:
- Vanilla Wafers – Any vanilla wafer cookie will work, but we love classic Nilla wafers for this recipe!
- Sugar – Regular granulated sugar helps sweeten the mixture.
- Butter – Unsalted butter coats the cookie crumbles making them extra decadent and rich while helping hold them together to form the crust.
- Salt – Just a pinch enhances the rest of the ingredients.
Strawberry Cheesecake Filling
- Cream Cheese – Used to form the smooth, creamy base of the filling.
- Sour Cream – This helps create an extra soft filling while adding a slightly tangy taste.
- Sugar – Both granulated sugar and powdered sugar are used to sweeten the filling and enhance the flavor of the strawberries.
- Strawberries – Real strawberries and strawberry preserves create the fruity flavor we love while adding little chunks of satisfying texture.
- Lemon Juice and Zest – The acidity helps balance out some of the sugar, and the pectin in the zest helps thicken and set the filling.
- Vanilla Extract – Use pure high-quality vanilla extract!
- Whipped Topping – Fold this into the mixture for a dreamy texture that’s extra fluffy. If preferred, use fresh whipped cream instead.
How to Make Strawberry Cheesecake Squares
Not only are these cheesecake squares unbelievably easy, but they’re also super fun to make! Here’s what to do:
- Prepare. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with
- Create the Crust. Add the wafer cookies to a food processor, and pulse until fine crumbs form. Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl along with the sugar and melted butter. Mix until everything is well combined, and the crumbs are completely coated in butter.
- Form the Crust. Press the cookie crumb mixture into an even layer in the bottom of the baking pan, and place it in the freezer.
- Make the Filling. In a blender or food processor, add the ingredients for the cheesecake filling except for the whipped topping and lemon juice. Pulse until smooth. Next, transfer the mixture to the bowl, and fold in the whipped topping and lemon juice.
- Layer the Cheesecake Squares. Pour the filling over the chilled crust, spreading it out in a single layer.
- Freeze. Freeze the squares, letting them set. Then, slice, serve, and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Line the Pan. When you’re lining your pan with
parchment paper, make sure to let some hang over both sides. This makes it super easy to lift out the bars.
- Use Room Temperature Ingredients. Before you begin to make your cheesecake squares, let the ingredients sit out and come to room temperature. Trust us! It makes the world of difference when mixing.
- Mix Well. Unlike other desserts like brownies or cookies, you don’t have to be careful not to overmix the batter. So, go ahead and blend longer than you think you might need to just to make sure everything is super smooth.
- Don’t Rush the Chilling Process! Be sure to allow enough time for your cheesecake squares to chill in the freezer overnight. This allows them plenty of time to set and helps the filling fuse to the crust so your dessert doesn’t fall apart.
- Make Clean Slices. For clean, even cheesecake squares, use a sharp serrated knife and wipe it clean with a damp cloth or clean paper towel in between each slice.
Of course, these no-bake strawberry cheesecake squares are scrumptious as they are. However, we can’t resist the opportunity to add extra toppings from time to time! Some of our favorites include:
- A dollop of whipped cream
- Raspberry, strawberry, or blueberry sauce
- Coconut flakes
- Chocolate shavings
- Caramel sauce
How to Store
These cheesecake squares are great to prepare ahead of time for summer cookouts, holiday parties, and weeknight desserts! Just follow the tips below to keep them fresh.
Refrigerator: Cover the bars with foil in the baking pan. Or, transfer them to an airtight container, and keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Freezer: Carefully warp each square with foil, and place them all in a sealable bag. They can be kept frozen for up to 2 months. Then, let them thaw in the fridge. Or, set them at room temperature to soften, and dig in!
More Cheesecake-Inspired Recipes
Love cheesecake-flavored everything? Try out more of these sweet cheesecake-inspired recipes!
- Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Buns
- Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast Croissants
- Strawberry Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Cheesecake Chimichanga
No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Squares Recipe
For the Cookie Crust:
- 6 ounces vanilla cookies wafers
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- Salt to taste
For the Strawberry Cheesecake Filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipped topping or fresh whipped cream (If using whipped topping, be sure it is thawed in the refrigerator.)
- ½ lemon (zested)
For the Cookie Crust:
- Line a 9-inch square baking dish with parchment paper, leaving paper hanging over the sides of the dish. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the wafer cookies. Pulse until fine crumbs are formed. Transfer the mixture to a bowl with the sugar and melted butter. Mix until well combined.
- Press the cookie mixture into an even layer in the bottom of the baking pan. Place in the freezer to set.
For the Strawberry Cheesecake Filling:
- In a blender or food processor, add the cream cheese, granulated sugar, powdered sugar, strawberries, strawberry preserves, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. Pulse until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a large mixing bowl, and gently fold in the whipped topping until smooth. Stir in the lemon juice.
- Pour the filling over the chilled crust. Freeze overnight.
- Slice the mixture into cheesecake squares, let them sit at room temperature for 20 minutes, and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.