Boiled to tender perfection and tossed in a zesty lemon dressing, this Lemon Greek Roasted Potatoes recipe makes for the most flavorful Greek potatoes you’ll ever taste. Serve them as a tantalizing side dish for all your favorite meals!
Table of Contents
What Makes Greek Potatoes So Delicious?
With countless recipes like baked sweet potato fries, cheesy mashed potatoes, potato nuggets, and more, there are endless ways to prepare potatoes. However, our favorite option by far is these lemon Greek roasted potatoes! A cut above your average boiled potatoes recipe, these Greek potatoes are sliced and boiled to tender perfection. Then, they’re paired with savory olives, zingy onions, fresh herbs, and creamy feta. As if that wasn’t tempting enough, we finish them off with a lemon and olive oil dressing that locks in moisture and takes the flavor to the next level! We’re drooling just thinking about it.
The Best Ingredients for Greek Lemon Potatoes
Simple, whole food ingredients combine to create a rich flavor. The best part is you probably already have most of what you’ll need!
For the Potatoes
- Potatoes – For the softest texture and best flavor, we recommend using baby gold potatoes. However, fingerling potatoes or new potatoes can be used too.
- Olives – For a bit of extra color and a salty, savory taste we use a combination of kalamata and green olives, but use whatever you like best!
- Red Onion – This adds a slightly spicy taste and a bit of crunch you’ll love.
- Parsley – Best used fresh, parsley provides a punch of herbaceous flavor that pairs perfectly with the lemon.
- Feta – Savory, crumbly, and creamy, feta makes these Greek potatoes out-of-this-world good.
For the Lemon Dressing
- Olive Oil – Used to form the base of this dressing, olive oil brings out the natural flavors of the herbs and locks in moisture for the best potatoes ever.
- Garlic – Fresh minced garlic works best!
- Herbs – We used a combination of oregano and thyme.
- Lemon – For the best results, you’ll want to include fresh lemon juice along with the zest.
How to Make the Best Greek Potatoes Recipe
The most flavorful side dish, these Greek potatoes are so simple to make!
- Slice the potatoes, and add them to a large of water over high heat. (The smaller you slice, the faster your potatoes will cook.)
- Bring the ingredients to a boil. Then, reduce the heat, letting the potatoes simmer for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk the ingredients for the lemon dressing together in a small bowl.
- Drain the potatoes, and let cool.
- To finish, combine all of the ingredients, and toss them with the dressing.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
These lemon Greek potatoes are best served fresh, but can be prepared ahead of time, too! Once cooled, store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
Or, for a longer-lasting option perfect for nights when you need to cook dinner in a pinch, keep a batch in the freezer for up to 6 months! Before you do, place them in a single layer on a baking sheet, and pop them in the freezer. Once the potatoes are hard and frozen, transfer them to a container or bag to keep them safe.
Serving Suggestions for Greek Potatoes
Honestly, there’s not much this recipe can’t be served with for a meal that will make your guests rave. However, some of our favorite pairing options include:
More Savory Side Dishes You’ll Love
Looking for more easy side dishes to pair with your favorite proteins? Try some of these crowd-pleasing recipes!
- Packed with Greek flavors, this Greek Rice Bake is incredibly tasty and so easy to make!
- A classic comfort food, everything is better served with Easy Baked Mac and Cheese.
- A light and refreshing option, this Green Goddess Salad is super nourishing, too!
- One bite and this Fire Roasted Baba Ganoush will be served on a regular rotation.
Lemon Greek Potatoes Recipe
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives, pitted
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 squeeze lemon
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon
- Slice potatoes and onion.
- Add potatoes to a large pot, and submerge them in water.
- Bring ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat, and simmer on low for 15 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender.
- Drain potatoes, and set aside to cool.
- Whisk the ingredients for the dressing together in a small bowl.
- Combine the ingredients. Pour the dressing on top, and toss to coat.
- Serve warm.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.