This Sheet Pan Baked Feta Salmon with Veggies was inspired by the viral baked feta TikTok trend! A healthy, low-carb recipe, this full meal comes together in less than 30 minutes for the perfect weeknight recipe.
Why You’ll Love this Baked Feta Salmon Recipe
If you’ve been on social media at all over the course of the last year, it’s likely that you’ve come across at least one variation of the viral baked feta pasta recipe. Obviously, we had to try it as soon as we saw it, and honestly, we could see why it went viral. It’s seriously delicious. However, we wanted to do our own spin on it by adding an extra dose of protein, and the results were a hit! This baked feta salmon is:
- Quick to prepare and faster to clean up for the easiest sheet pan dinner
- Full of protein, healthy omega fats, and fiber
- Family-friendly for a meal even the kids will love
- An easy way to use up leftover veggies
Honestly, we used the creation of this recipe as an excuse to clear out our fridge. As a result, it’s loaded with a wide variety of veggies!
- Salmon – There’s always a lot of debate regarding what type of salmon is healthiest, but we agree that you should use whatever you like best. No matter what you choose, it’s going to taste great!
- Vegetables – We included cherry tomatoes, red and green peppers, zucchini, and red onion. That said, there’s really no right or wrong. Use whatever veggies you like best and have on hand.
- Feta – For this recipe, we used crumbles instead of a whole block, but you could definitely use a block if preferred. Just be sure to break it up once cooked.
- Herbs and Seasonings – A combination of minced garlic, salt, black pepper, smoked paprika, oregano, thyme, and rosemary creates an herbaceous flavor you’re going to adore.
- Olive Oil – A healthy drizzle of oil helps caramelize the veggies as they bake and locks moisture into the salmon, keeping it flaky and delicious. Plus, it’s a great source of healthy fats!
How to Make the Best Sheet Pan Bake Feta Salmon and Veggies
The best thing about sheet pan meals is that they require such little work but look like you spent all day in the kitchen, and this salmon is no exception! Follow the instructions below, and dinner will be ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven.
- Chop all your veggies. Then, add them to a baking dish along with the feta cheese, seasonings, and oil. Toss to coat and combine.
- Make small holes or nests in the vegetables, and place the salmon filets on top.
- Add extra seasonings, another drizzle of oil, and lemon slices.
- Bake until salmon is cooked through and can easily be flaked with a fork.
- Serve warm, and enjoy!
Serve this sheet pan salmon on its own for a super filling low-carb dinner. Or, add your favorite carbs for a well-rounded meal! Some of our favorite pairings include:
- Smashed Potatoes
- Vermicelli Rice
- Creamy Parmesan Spinach Orzo Pasta
- Spinach and Artichoke Bread Boats
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Make this Recipe Ahead of Time?
Baked salmon is best served fresh. However, if you happen to have leftovers (which we highly doubt), they can be kept in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Then, cover it with foil, and reheat it in the oven. The microwave will cause it to dry out.
Can I Use Frozen Salmon?
Technically you can, but we don’t recommend it. You’ll get the best flavor with fresh salmon. Yet, if you do use a frozen variety, be sure to let it thaw completely, and use a towel to pat off any excess moisture before baking.
Can I Use a Different Protein?
Sure! Pretty much any protein you like best should work. Just be sure to adjust the cooking time as needed.
More Great Sheet Pan Recipes
Looking for more sheet pan recipes to make your life easy? Try some of these options for breakfast, lunch, or dinner!
- Dinner doesn’t get any easier than this Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs and Veggies recipe. Just toss it all together, and throw it in the oven!
- From start to finish, this Sheet Pan Salmon with Veggies is ready in less than 25 minutes
- If you’ve never tried oven baked pasta, you definitely don’t want to miss out on this Sheet Pan
- This Sheet Pan French Toast is the easiest way to add more time to your morning.
Sheet Pan Baked Feta Salmon and Veggies
- 1 pound salmon filets skin removed
- 16 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces feta crumbles
- 1/4 red pepper
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoon salt + more or less to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper + more or less to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- lemon slices
- parsley for garnish
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon rosemary
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Chop all the vegetables into small bite-sized pieces. All the vegetables, feta, seasonings, and oil to a baking dish. Toss to combine.
- Make "nests" in the veggie mixture, and layer the salmon on top. Sprinkle additional seasonings and a drizzle of olive oil on the salmon. Top with lemon slices.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until salmon reaches an internal temperature of 145° F.
- Garnish with fresh parsley, and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.