This easy feta board is topped with marinated olives for a savory, salty appetizer or snack that’s good for you and so quick to put together! Serve it with pita chips, crackers, and more.
What Is a Feta Board?
Feta boards are our new favorite appetizer for holiday parties, gameday, and everything in between! Similar to viral butter board recipes, a feta board is a platter of feta cheese spread often topped with veggies, fruit, or assorted garnishes and served with bread, veggies, and more for dipping.
What Is Feta Cheese Made From?
A soft, white, fairly mild cheese, feta cheese is made with either 100% sheep’s milk or a combination of sheep and goat milk. Molded into large blocks and aged in brine, feta is slightly tangy and ranges in texture being either incredibly creamy or crumbly and dry depending on how long it is aged.
Ingredients You’ll Need
For this feta board recipe, we spruced up our basic feta spread with a savory topping of marinated olives. As a result, the flavors are bright, bold, and totally delicious. Don’t worry, though! The ingredient list is super simple. Here’s what you’ll need:
For the Feta
- Feta Cheese – For the creamiest texture, we recommend full-fat block feta cheese.
- Yogurt – We use plain yogurt, but you could also opt for Greek yogurt for an extra boost of protein instead!
- Honey – Used to add just a touch of sweetness. Maple syrup would work too.
For the Olive Topping
- Olives – We used a combination of kalamata and green olives, but feel free to include whatever you like best.
- Olive Oil – To coat the olives and provide a source of healthy fats.
- Za’atar – A popular Middle Eastern spice that’s earthy, lemony, just a little salty, and a lot delicious.
- Oregano – To enhance the herbaceous flavor.
Can I Use a Different Cheese?
We haven’t tried it, but we think goat cheese or ricotta would both taste great with this recipe!
How to Make the Best Feta Board with Olives
To create this feta board, we broke the instructions down into two parts. All you’ll need is a food processor and a serving board!
- Blend: In the bowl of the food processor, add the feta, yogurt, and honey, and pulse until a smooth, creamy texture is formed.
- Create the olive topping: In a medium-sized bowl, add the olives, and toss with oil, making sure they are coated completely. Sprinkle the seasonings on top, and stir to coat the olives again.
- Combine: Spread the feta mixture on top of a large serving board, and carefully place the olive mixture on top. Then, chill in the fridge, and enjoy!
This feta board recipe is so tasty we’ve been known to take bites with a spoon as we’re assembling it. However, it makes for a super yummy appetizer spread when paired with pita bread, crackers, chips, crostini, or vegetable sticks!
Can I Make this Recipe Ahead of Time?
This feta board is best served right away. However, if you want to prepare it ahead of time, it can be covered and stored in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. We recommend keeping the olive topping separate until just before serving to prevent the feta board from becoming soggy!
More Crowd-Pleasing Easy Appetizers
Become the hostess with the mostess with even more delicious appetizers like these:
- Creamy, flavorful, and topped with crispy spiced chickpeas, this Baba Ganoush recipe is guaranteed to become your new favorite dip.
- A sweet snack, this Whipped Goat Cheese with Strawberries will have all your guests raving!
- Healthy and easy to make, this White Bean Dip with Roasted Tomatoes will be your new go-to recipe.
- Decadently rich and better than anything you’ll find at a restaurant, one bite is all it takes to become obsessed with this Fried Burrata with Romesco Sauce.
Easy Labne with Persian Marinated Olives
- 2 cups Green olives
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 Tablespoons dried mint
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate Molasses
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 16 ounces labne
- In a large bowl, add the the olives, walnuts, garlic, mint, pomengranate molasses, and olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Set the bowl in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- In a bowl, add the labne. Layer the marinated olives and walnuts on top, and enjoy!