Made with simple ingredients, this Cranberry and Walnut Whipped Feta Appetizer is a tasty sweet and savory recipe that will leave your guests raving. Serve it with crostini, crackers, and more!
Table of Contents
- What Is a Whipped Feta Appetizer?
- Ingredients You’ll Need
- How to Make a Cranberry and Walnut Whipped Feta Appetizer
- Serving Suggestions
- Can I Make This Feta Appetizer in Advance?
- More Feta Snacks and Appetizer Recipes
- Cranberry and Walnut Whipped Feta Appetizer Recipe
What Is a Whipped Feta Appetizer?
A whipped feta appetizer is exactly what it sounds like! To make it, we combien a block of feta cheese with creamy yogurt and a few extra ingredients and whip them all up in a food processor until a smooth, almost fluffy consistency is formed. Then, we add a sprinkle of toppings for extra flavor and a bit of crunch, and it’s ready to eat!
Why You’ll Love This Cranberry and Walnut Whipped Feta Appetizer
If you haven’t tried our whipped feta yet, you’re seriously missing out. It’s been a favorite recipe in our family and is equally loved by readers! So, with the holidays in full swing, we decided to give this simple appetizer a bit of a revamp and added in holiday flavors. It’s:
- Ready in minutes and requires no baking.
- The best balance of savory and sweet flavors.
- Picture-worthy and full of festive colors.
- Great for dipping, dunking, spreading, and more.
Ingredients You’ll Need
If your grocery local grocery store is anything like ours, it’s a complete madhouse during the holiday season. So, we kept the ingredient list for this feta appetizer super short and sweet so you can get in and out in no time. Here’s everything you’ll need:
For the Feta Appetizer
- Feta Cheese – We use a block of full-fat feta and crumble it up for easy blending.
- Yogurt – Full-fat yogurt helps blend up the feta and creates a smooth, creamy texture ideal for dipping.
- Orange – You’ll want to use both the orange juice and orange zest for a bold, vibrant flavor.
For the Topping
- Walnuts – We like to include walnuts for a bit of crunch and a boost of healthy fats, but any nuts such as almonds or pecans would work, too.
- Dried Cranberries – Not only do these add a boost of color, but they also provide extra sweetness that makes this dish delicious.
- Honey – Used to enhance the flavor of the cranberries.
- Red Pepper Flakes – Technically optional, we love to add a dash of red pepper flakes on top for just a hint of spice.
How to Make a Cranberry and Walnut Whipped Feta Appetizer
With no baking, roasting, sautéeing, or simmering required, this feta appetizer will be your new go-to recipe for holiday parties, family gatherings, and everything in between!
- Add the feta, yogurt, orange juice, and orange zest to a food processor, and pulse until smooth.
- Spread the dip on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle the walnuts and cranberries on top, followed by a drizzle of honey, and a dash of red pepper flakes.
- Serve immediately, and enjoy!
There’s not much this feta appetizer can be served with. In fact, you can even add it to your favorite sandwiches! However, some of our favorite pairings include:
- Celery Sticks
- Pita Bread
Can I Make This Feta Appetizer in Advance?
Yes! If you plan on making this feta appetizer in advance, we recommend leaving off the toppings until just before serving to prevent them from becoming soggy. However, this recipe can easily be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 days.
More Feta Snacks and Appetizer Recipes
If you love feta as much as we do, you won’t want to miss out on more of our favorite appetizers below!
- Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip with Crispy Chickpeas
- Feta Board with Marinated Olives
- Air Fryer Sesame Crusted Feta
- Whipped Feta Recipe with Roasted Peppers
Cranberry and Walnut Whipped Feta Appetizer
- 8 ounces block feta
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoons fresh squeezed orange
- 1 Tablespoon Orange zest to taste
- 1 cup toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup honey
- Optional: red pepper flakes to garnish
- In the bowl of a food processor, add the feta, yogurt, orange juice, and orange zest. Pulse until smooth.
- Spread the dip on a serving platter, and sprinkle the walnuts and cranberries on top. Add a drizzle of honey followed by the red pepper flakes, if using, and serve right away!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.