This Easy Tiramisu Eclair Cake recipe is a cross between classic tiramisu and eclairs! Made with layers of coffee-soaked ladyfingers and a sweet, creamy filling, it’s an indulgent no-bake dessert everyone will love.
Table of Contents
What is an Eclair?
An éclair is a type of long French pastry made from choux pastry and filled with pastry cream or custard before being dipped in icing. There are various flavors and variations, but the most popular is chocolate.
Unlike donuts, éclair pastries require no yeast, rising from the steam as they bake. As a result, the dough becomes airy and soft yet slightly crisp on the outside.
Stuffed with a cream filling and topped with sweet icing, éclairs are unlike any other dessert!
What is Eclair Cake Made Of?
Everyone has their own spin on eclair cake recipes, choosing to favor either the éclair component or the tiramisu influence. For our recipe, we drew inspiration from our easy tiramisu recipe and the cream filling of éclair pastries!
- Espresso – Use freshly brewed espresso or coffee if you prefer. Just make sure it cools first! If needed, opt for decaf varieties to keep this recipe caffeine-free.
- Sugar – Regular granulated sugar helps sweeten the coffee dip.
- Ladyfingers – These are found in classic tiramisu recipes, but you could also use graham crackers if preferred.
- Whole Milk – This creates the rich flavor we’re looking for in the filling, but any milk you like best will work.
- Heavy Cream – Combined with the milk, this makes the filling super creamy and helps create a smooth ganache topping.
- Powdered Sugar – Do not swap this out for granulated sugar or your filling will be grainy!
- Vanilla Extract – A little goes a long way to enhance the flavor of the rest of the ingredients.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix – Do not use premade pudding!
- Chocolate Chips – This is used to create the ganache. Feel free to use chopped chocolate bark instead.
How to Make an Easy Eclair Cake Recipe
- Prepare the coffee mixture. Combine the espresso and sugar in a small bowl, mixing until the sugar is dissolved. Then, set it aside, and allow the coffee to cool completely.
- Make the filling. In a separate large bowl, beat the milk, heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and vanilla pudding on low speed. Then, gradually increase the speed, and beat until medium stiff peaks start to form. Be careful not to overmix, or the filling will curdle!
- Arrange the cookies. Dip each ladyfinger into the cooled coffee mixture. Just be sure not to let them soak too long, or they’ll become soggy! Then, place them in a single layer in the bottom of a square baking pan.
- Layer. Spread half of the prepared pudding filling over the cookies, spreading it out evenly. Then, add another layer of dipped cookies followed by the remaining pudding filling. Smooth the top layer with a rubber spatula.
- Chill. Transfer the cake to the fridge to chill.
- Prepare the chocolate ganache. Heat part of the heavy cream in a microwave-safe bowl until it is hot but not boiling. Then, add the chocolate, and let it sit for a few minutes. Once it begins to melt, whisk the chocolate into the cream, creating a smooth gloss.
- Top the tiramisu eclair cake. Pour the prepared chocolate ganache evenly over the chilled cake. Then, transfer it bake to the fridge to chill until the ganache has set.
Can I Make this Ahead of Time?
Yes! This recipe is great to make ahead of time! We recommend serving it within two days.
However, it can be stored for up to five days. Just keep in mind that the longer it sits, the more likely the ladyfingers are to become mushy.
How to Store
Cover your tiramisu eclair cake tightly with plastic wrap followed by aluminum foil. Or, transfer it to an airtight container, and keep it stored in the fridge.
Can I Freeze Eclair Cake?
Yes! You can freeze this recipe for up to three months.
To do so, warp the cake including the pan with cling wrap followed by aluminum foil. Thaw in the fridge overnight to serve.
More No-Bake Cake Recipes
- Mocha Oreo Icebox Cake
- No-Bake Lotus Biscoff Cake
- Mocha Chocolate Icebox Cake
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Lasagna
Easy Tiramisu Eclair Cake
For the Coffee Mixture:
- 1 cup freshly brewed espresso or strong brewed coffee
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
For the Tiramisu Cake:
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (5.5 ounce) box of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 32 ladyfingers
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
Prepare the Coffee Mixture:
- In a bowl, combine the espresso or brewed coffee and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Mix well until the sugar is dissolved. Allow the coffee to cool completely.1 cup freshly brewed espresso or strong brewed coffee, 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
Make the Tiramisu Filling:
- In a separate large mixing bowl, beat together the milk, heavy cream, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and the vanilla pudding mix. Start the mixer on low to combine all the ingredients. Slowly increase the speed and beat until medium peaks form. Be careful not to overbeat or the mixture will curdle. This will be the creamy pudding filling.1 cup whole milk, 1 cup heavy cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 (5.5 ounce) box of instant vanilla pudding mix
Assemble the Tiramisu:
- Dip each ladyfinger into the cooled coffee mixture for a couple of seconds, making sure not to soak them too long, as they can become too soggy. Place them in an 8×8-inch serving dish to form a bottom layer.32 ladyfingers
- Spread half of the prepared pudding filling over the ladyfingers in the dish, creating a smooth layer.
- Add another layer of dipped ladyfingers on top of the filling, followed by the remaining half of the pudding filling. Smooth the top layer. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight before adding the ganache.
Prepare the Chocolate Ganache:
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat 3/4 cup of heavy cream in the microwave until it is hot but not boiling. Approx 1 minute – depending on the microwave.3/4 cup heavy cream
- Add the chocolate chips or chopped chocolate to the hot cream and let it sit for 5 minutes without stirring. This will allow the chocolate to melt in the hot cream.1 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
- After 5 minutes, whisk the chocolate and cream mixture until it becomes smooth and glossy.
Pour the Chocolate Ganache:
- Pour the prepared chocolate ganache evenly over the chilled tiramisu.
Chill and Set:
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until the chocolate ganache has set.
- Once the tiramisu has set, slice and it’s ready to be served.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.