Savory and made with just a little spice, this restaurant-inspired Bread Dipping Oil is going to change your life! Whip it up in minutes and serve it as an appetizer or snack with a side of thick, crusty bread or cheesy focaccia.
What Is Bread Dipping Oil?
This recipe is exactly what it sounds like! You know those bowls of spiced oil they bring you at fancy restaurants? Yeah, that’s what we’re talking about with this homemade olive oil bread dip! You’re now going to believe how easy it is to make.
It’s perfect for an at-home date night, holiday party, or family gathering. Your guests will be amazed by how fancy you are, and it’ll be our little secret just how quick this dip is to make. Of course, everyone has their own twist. However, we stuck with classic Middle Eastern-inspired flavors and just a little spice. One bite and you’ll be in love!
What’s In Olive Oil Bread Dip?
For this olive oil dip for bread, we stuck with a classic oil base and spruced it up with a little Middle Eastern flair! Here’s what you need:
- Olive Oil – This is the star of the show! Because there are so few ingredients you really want to splurge on a high-quality extra virgin olive oil for a smooth taste and rich, bold flavor that shines.
- Olives – We used a combination of Kalamata and green olives for a salty taste that pairs amazingly with sweet bread.
- Flavor Enhancers – Here’s where we get creative! Unlike other bread dipping oil recipes that just use a dash of garlic, we took things up a notch using fresh garlic, dried oregano, smoked paprika, and za’atar seasoning!
How to Make the Best Olive Oil Dip for Bread
Not only is this bread dipping oil one of the tastiest appetizers you’ll ever make, but it’s also one of the easiest, too! Here’s what to do:
- Combine. Add all the ingredients to a large, shallow bowl, and carefully whisk to combine.
- Serve. Pair your olive oil bread dip with pita, baguette, focaccia, or any bread you like best.
That’s it! Seriously. Recipes don’t get better than this.
Tips and Tricks
- Diced Small. Make sure to dice the olives super small so you get little pieces in every bite, and stir so they’re well combined.
- Serve Fresh. Enjoy this olive oil dip for bread right away while the ingredients are still well combined and at room temperature.
- Add Oil. As you eat, you may find that you begin to run out of oil and are left with just olives and seasonings. No worries! Just stir in extra oil as needed to spruce it back up, and it will be good as new!
Clearly, given the name olive oil bread dip, this bread dipping oil is best enjoyed with all your favorite breads. From whole wheat pita to olive cheese bread, and even garlic caprese bread, you really can’t go wrong. I mean, YUM!
However, if you’re looking for an appetizer that’s a little lighter in carbs, you can also pair this recipe with items like:
- Carrots or Celery Sticks
- Sliced Cucumbers
- Cubes of Cheese
- Marinated Artichokes
It even tastes incredible when used as a salad dressing!
Should You Refrigerate Olive Oil Bread Dip?
Yes, with the addition of fresh garlic, this dip should be placed in an airtight container and stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. Or, if you want it to last longer, leave out the garlic, and keep your dip refrigerated for up to 1 month.
More Crowd-Pleasing Dip Recipes
Whether you’re looking for an afternoon snack or a crowd-pleasing appetizer, you won’t want to miss out on these dips and spreads!
- Spinach Olive Dip
- Eggplant Dip
- White Bean Dip with Roasted Tomatoes
- Roasted Red Pepper Feta Dip with Crispy Chickpeas
Easy Bread Dipping Oil Recipe
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup green olives (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons za’atar seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Serve with pita or baguette for dipping.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.